Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Geographic Information System (GIS) Officer
To provide technical support to intensify the use of Geographic Information System Techniques to build and maintain GIS databases.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain customized GIS databases.
- Create static and dynamic maps for surveys and censuses.
- Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
- Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
- Integrate different geo-spatial data resources.
- Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioral, spatial, environmental, and economic variables.
Qualification Required & Experience
- At least a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in GIS, Geo-informatics, Geography, Remote Sensing, Geodetic Engineering, Geology, or related subject
- Must have completed a one-year national service;
- Minimum of two years’ work experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Competencies and Skills
- Computer proficiency and programming skills with tools such as python, GIS Software, and SQL
- Analytical skills, meticulous and time management skills
- Writing manuscripts, journal articles and policy briefs.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.