Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To manage and conduct Financial and Operational Audit projects and consulting services relating to governance and risk identification for both MTN management and employees. This is inclusive of reviewing the goals, objectives, and impact of a variety of economic, financial, operational, and managerial programs in conformance with company policy and procedures and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards of professional practice.
- Manage and/or conduct financial and operational audits, special requests, consulting engagements and management requests and review the work performed to ensure the adequacy of audit scope, testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage expertise and resource planning for financial and operational audits and assignment
- Oversee and manage the work of the audit employees in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing, and administering audit surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers or audit operations
- Ensure that Internal Audit (IA) methodology as prescribed by Group Internal Audit is strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing, and analysing evidence, and documenting financial and operational processes and procedures
- Review the audit programs to ensure the appropriate testing mechanisms
- Review and manage the work of the audit employees in identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations for improvement
- Manage root-cause analysis (RCA) with the support of relevant business functions, of all major exposures to business processes and system infrastructures for driving the development, execution, monitoring, and reporting of an action plan.
- Manage the audit assignments’ progress and escalate any roadblocks to completion to the head of function for intervention and resolution
- Communicate the results, findings, and recommendations of audit projects through written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the Senior Manager: Financial and Operational Audit
- Ensure that the audit is conducted on the eGRC system in line with process and methodology as mandated by the Group Internal Audit and Forensics function
- Support the Senior Manager: Financial and Operational Audit in coordinating with external auditors where needed and facilitate their fieldwork within MTN
- Manage the conduct of post-implementation reviews (PIR) of key projects implemented within the operation – especially those of a strategic nature as directed by the Senior Manager, Financial and Operational Audits and/or GM Internal Audit and Forensics.
- Report on an ad-hoc basis on specific projects as and when necessary
- Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations in a timely manner
- Maintain all MTN and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are conducted in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Ability to analyze the organization’s wider environment and draw conclusions about the impact of events and activities; guide the team to create solutions that deliver value in line with the business plans
- Develops and implements organization wide policy by determining target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate population, and developing a budget
- Introduces new approaches that may have been tried elsewhere
- Examines situations from multiple or different perspectives
- Recognizes points for improvement and uses imagination to solve problems
- Organizes, classifies, and synthesizes the data into fundamental issues
- From the information, identifies the most probable causes of the problem.
- Reduces the information down into manageable components
- Identifies the logical outcomes from analyzing the data collected
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Must maintain the utmost integrity and always behave ethically. Identifies gaps in information and makes informed assumptions to take timely action.
- Addresses very complex issues and makes a judgment call on the need for additional analysis or the business necessity to take a timely decision, with the available information
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of different decision models
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Leads the business insights strategy for the organization and makes a significant contribution to the overall strategic planning process
- Is considered highly influential and credible in providing customer, market, and business insights to inform and improve the quality of decision making across the organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management/ Information Systems or related discipline
- Certifications/qualifications in any of ACCA, CA is a must
- Certifications/qualifications in any of CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA is a plus
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.