Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has vacancies for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
- LENGTH OF CONTRACT: One (1) year
- LOCATION: Accra
VACANCY FINANCE, ICT & PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR
The job holder is part of the senior leadership of MSI Ghana’s team and provides strategic financial management of the country programme. The Finance, ICT & Procurement Director will ensure appropriate systems and strong procedures/controls are in place to support the continued growth of the country programme.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
S/he provides leadership to the MSI Ghana Finance, ICT & Procurement teams and advises the Country Director and Senior Management Team on the health of the business and on financial strategies.
- Provide strategic and functional leadership as part of the Management Team
- Deliver sustainable business growth through the adoption of commercial business practices (as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT)).
- Provide financial analysis to help drive strategic planning and aid the development of the annual business plan. The financial analysis should cover business strategies, new products and services, and key service channels and donor relationships and should highlight financial returns and sustainability as well as the service impact.
- Provide ideas and influence to expand our social business, both private and public sector initiatives, and drive improvement of key efficiency areas.
- Define and track financial indicators that will improve the cost efficiency of MSI Ghana operations and advise the SMT of the impact on each channel.
- Support the Operations Director (or equivalent) in the development and maintenance of robust systems to capture operational data.
- Oversee and ensure financial systems, procedures, and reports, that enable efficient and compliant use of MSI Ghana funds and assets
- Interpret financial data, provide financial advice to solve complex financial problems.
- Coordinate financial reporting, briefing with donors, MSI and government entities. Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements and standards.
- Ensure organisational internal controls and systems are maintained and adhered to, identifying key risk areas, and addressing them.
- Ensure any changes in legislation or organisational structure are reflected without delays in internal controls and systems. Maintain an effective control structure.
- Provide technical financial staff training where necessary to ensure understanding and compliance with MSI global financial policies.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure Information Technology is efficient, reliable, and adequately controlled
- Ensure all IT infrastructure and resources needed to run an efficient IT system is provided and in place
- Lead the IT team to provide all MSI Ghana IT needs in all locations and specialised projects such as EHR and Call Centre.
- Put in place IT systems, controls, and protocols for IT use.
- The leadership of a team, that is developing and improving continuously
- Lead and manage the Finance Manager, Donor Reporting Manager, IT Manager and Procurement and Fleet Manager to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development.
- Conduct regular team performance appraisals, monitoring progress and setting objectives.
- Review the operational structure of the finance department to ensure that all roles and responsibilities are relevant to the needs and demands of the country programme.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support to assist team members reach their full potential for the necessary team member capacity building, team development and succession planning through the performance management process.
- Responsible for accurate and timely group reporting, while dealing with internal and external auditors
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and submission of the MSI Ghana’s monthly financial management accounts.
- Ensure compliance with the financial components of the MSI Partnership manual and with the group finance manual.
- Coordinate preparation of statutory accounts and annual audit in line with group reporting timetables.
- Ensure full compliance with all donor compliance requirements.
- Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements and standards
- Liaise with internal audit and external auditors
- Devise accurate, realistic, and inclusive budgets for MSI Ghana’s programme, for donor funding bids and for sub-departments
- Prepare annual operational and capital budgets to guide and plan the optimal use of MSI Ghana’s and donors’ resources to achieve the organisation’s objectives and maximise impact.
- Monitor and manage expenditure trends and provide timely advice and analysis of potential over or under spends to the SMT and budget holders, to allow managers to make required adjustments to meet financial goals.
- Monitor programme support costs and ensure MSI Ghana is maximising on cost efficiencies and recoveries.
- Provide annual training and continuous support to the SMT, budget holders and project managers to ensure proper understanding, ownership of and engagement with financial results and programme budgets.
- Provide sound financial advice to the country director, the programme board, and other SMT colleagues as appropriate.
- Ensure procurement and fleet is planned, well managed, in line with MSI procurement standard and is good value for money.
- Ensure procurement and fleet are thoroughly planned and monitored on a regular basis
- Develop and execute improved procurement strategies, policies, and procedures across all channels of purchasing/procurement in MSI Ghana to meet MSIs procurement standards and ensure value of money.
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal procurement efficiency.
- Perform procurement cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Ensure procurement team are coordinating procurement deliveries with support from stores and the correct procured items are being received into MSI Ghana stores
- Ensure oversight and implementation of all fleet protocols, policies and procedures as well as timely reporting and analysis
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Effective management and oversight of MSIG’s working capital, investments, and financial obligations
- Oversee cash flow management and forecasting to ensure that adequate funds are available for programme needs. Monitor the cash requirements and amounts drawn down against programmatic requirements.
- Manage investments, debtors, creditors and advances from local donors and their accurate recording and regular monthly reconciliation on the Balance Sheet. Ensure that working capital is managed efficiently and proactively. ·
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are met on time, including payroll taxes, VAT (sales tax), income tax, pensions or other retirement obligations, insurance etc. Ensure that the programme complies with all regulatory requirements of local statutory bodies.
- Ensure contractual obligations are financially sound and appropriate for the organisation.
- Be accountable for the safeguarding of the country programme’s assets.
Required Skills or Experience
- Professional qualified accountant ( ICAG, ACCA, CIMA or CPA)
- Bachelor of Accountancy or Finance or equivalent
- Master’s degree or equivalent senior level work experience in financial management
Skills and Experience
- At least ten (10) years of post-graduate relevant work experience with at least three years of experience in a significant senior management/director position
- Experience in successfully managing similar sized (or larger) annual budgets
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and motivating teams; track record in achieving financial targets
- Significant finance experience (in a similar position at senior management level) with exposure to both NGOs and private sector institutions
- Experience of financial grant management for at least two of the following: GAC, USAID, DFID and European Commission; experience in developing successful proposal budgets
- Proven experience of increasing cost effectiveness and compliance and reducing financial risk through improved internal controls
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems and reporting
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to partner with Operations and other Support Functions such as Human Resources and Administrative Unit.
- Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and rolling out new policies and procedures
- Computer literate and hands-on experience with computerized accounting systems; knowledge of SUN systems an advantage
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience in developing and delivering trainings; track record in building the capacity of colleagues and team members
- Cross-functional team player
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skill
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of MSIG
- Able to work on own initiative and at long periods
- Commercial mind-set
- Customer-focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels (other team members, government, donor, partners, and community)
- Enjoys motivating team members to deliver results and provide quality service; able to give constructive honest feedback
- Self-motivator; enthusiastic
- Culturally sensitive
- Trust-worthy and principled; zero tolerance for fraud
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and be committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
How To Apply
This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana. Females are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by filling out this online form via the below links. Finance, ICT and Procurement Director:
The submission deadline is Close of Business 14th April 2022. Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.