Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Warehouse Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To perform all warehouse activities in providing critical services to user departments including receiving of deliveries, filling of reservations, housekeeping, operations of MHEs, weighbridge oversight among others and also comply with safety procedures, all regulatory requirements and CAR warehouse management standards and procedures while delivering high customer service to ensure movement of materials to meet the project requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Timely receipt of Stock and non-stock items in SAP
- Correct storage and maintenance of materials and goods
- Ensure items are staged and ready for transportation underground or to various work areas as required.
- Receive and issue materials
- Ensure timeous movement of goods underground and to various work areas.
- Ensure resolution of all non-conforming receipts with vendors and purchasing.
- Arrange movement of materials from main warehouse to KMS store area
- Safe conduct of transporters and delivery trucks through the mine, including facilitating driver inductions.
- Ensure correct and safe stocking and storage of items on racks, bins and laydown areas
- Implement ‘clean as you go’ housekeeping principles
- Always wear correct PPEs and comply with all warehouse security protocols
- Timely issue of items to user departments.
- Conduct half year and annual stock taking per audit compliance requirements.
- Perform SAP scheduled cycle counts, investigate and deliver targeted count accuracy levels
- Operate material handling equipment and vehicles relating to warehouse operations
- Monitor weigh bridge activities daily and report any faults detected
- Properly document and file all receiving, Issuing and stock take activities
- Produce stock take and cycle count variance reports and make recommendations for write off/on
- Arrange Salvage and scrap disposals as approved and maintain relevant accounting records
- Monitor, record and report unfilled reservations
- Make correct data entry into SAP through use of scanners and maintain relevant records as and when required
- Implement and comply with standard control procedures and routines including cycle count, weekly and monthly stock taking as prescribed and stock variance accounting and investigations
- Collect and summarize data to a high standard of quality assurance and control
- Objective reporting of SAP stock balance, problem deliveries, count accuracy, picking lists, location reports and recommendations.
Receive and monitor daily and weekly complaints, service level targets for critical and routine parts, project items, and consumables for reporting to supervisor
- Comply with all EPA, GSB and MinCom Regulatory requirements as pertains to warehouse operations
- Complete assigned tasks and generate relevant reports for management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of HND in Purchasing & Supply or HND in Engineering
- At least two (2) years experience in integrated warehouse operations in mining, oil & gas or heavy industrial equipment operations or environment.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Experience in receiving and issuing of goods in SAP
- Knowledge of warehouse operations protocols including safety and security
- Receiving and issuing of goods in SAP
- Problem-solving abilities relevant to the role
- Presentation skills
- Local Regulations
- Cost management
- Project management
- Risk management
- Logistics management
- Materials handling
- Change management
- Audit, compliance and governance
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective actions for direct reports
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Monitor the risk and risk mitigation plans for all activities for the construction works
- Deliver the Safety Management Plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.