Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, IPC/WASH and Covid19 responses.
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with the ministry of health's priorities, the project is planning to rollout national vaccination plans, including ensuring health care workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following position: Data Management Officer
- Job Location: Accra
- Reports to: Accra position reports to the MER Specialist
- Supervises: MER Officers (at regional levels)
The Data Management Officer is responsible for providing high-quality data entry, data management and quality control of data. S/he is also responsible for running outputs and cross-checking with the original data source to ensure accuracy and running reports for program managers.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In addition, the data manager will be responsible for conducting internal data quality assessments and developing data quality improvement plans. The person in this position must be able to work independently, be experienced in data management using databases, and preferably be comfortable working in health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter data, run output reports from databases and cross-check with data sources to make sure that data are accurate
- Support district data entry clerks to ensure complete and accurate data is entered into DHIS2 for completion to donor
- Review daily data in DHIS2 to ensure all facilities report on time; follow up when reports lag
- Prepare weekly reports by district for total number of clients served across all EPI indicators
- As required, visit community or health facility to make sure protocols for filling in data are being observed
- Discuss irregularities in data with program managers and jointly come up with solutions
- Developing data quality improvement plans for the region
- Will be accountable for the data shared with the HQ and regional program managers
- Assist in running reports / data outputs at reporting time and deliver to program managers in a timely fashion
- Support the team on training and retraining district data clerks on DHIS2
- Supporting the initial troubleshooting of DHIS2 on tablets
- Enter training and QI data in their respective databases
- Conduct DQA to target facilities and ensure quality of data before reporting
- Conducting mentorship and onsite supervision to project supported facilities.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the sound functioning of the office and achievement of project goals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in IT, EMR; Bachelor's Degree will be an added advantage.
- 2 – 5 years of experience working with data entry and management
- Trained in MsExcel, DHIS2, Epi-info, SPSS, and other software
- Experience working with health data and input to the Health Management Information System
- Experience working with providers and client level data
- Experience with DQA, and developing data quality improvement plans
- Experience working with databases and software programs, including DHIS2
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.