Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Oversee and be responsible for all Gender and youth mainstreaming activities of the Ghana Country office. The incumbent will play a key role in developing strategies, identifying, and implementing gender and youth integration strategies into WFP Food systems activities especially those aimed at strengthening commodity value chains, smallholder farmer access to markets, and capacity strengthening of all value chain actors.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programme/DCD and the technical supervision of the Sustainable Food Systems Coordinator in Accra, the Programme Policy Officer – Gender and Youth Inclusion will be expected to perform the following duties:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure alignment and integration of the WFP gender policy by all staff and stakeholders and across the projects
- In collaboration with the Head of programme /DCD and technical guidance from the Food Systems Coordinator, the incumbent will develop a gender Integration strategy for the WFP country office and ensure that gender issues are appropriately mainstreamed in project implementation.
- Take lead and support in conducting gender assessments and analysis across all WFP activities and ensure that strategies and approaches in gender mainstreaming are evidence-based and respond to the real gaps, challenges and ever-changing needs of beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Lead the implementation of gender and youth engagement strategies across activities
- Identify and develop innovative activities related to gender equality and youth engagement that contribute to social changes in the project areas and facilitate the gender and youth learning agenda
- Lead in review, design, and implementation of gender capacity building /strengthening activities amongst internal stakeholders (WFP staff) and external stakeholders (project beneficiaries and partners)
- Liaise with the WFP gender result network and strengthen the capacity of all WFP staff, for a better understanding of the importance of gender and youth mainstreaming in projects, and ensure gender and youth are mainstreamed across programmes including agricultural value chain activities with clear gender and youth indicators.
- Draft regular progress reports and contributes to donors and corporate reports as required.
- In collaboration with the RAM unit oversee the monitoring of programme/project outputs related to gender and youth. Monitor and track progress on youth and gender-related indicators, identify gaps and recommend solutions. Provide appropriate feedback, technical advice and support to the programme staff and partners during the implementation
- Document and disseminate gender equity and youth engagement best practices to WFP staff, smallholder farmers and other value chain actors, partners, and Government. Propose and create educational and communication materials, to highlight gender and youth issues.
- Liaise with RBD Gender Advisor, GRN and external partners to facilitate gender advocacy sessions at all levels to gather support for gender mainstreaming across programmes by other partners.
- Contribute to the development of Concept Notes and proposals for gender and youth mainstreaming as required
- Perform other related duties as required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) in development studies/economics, gender, rural development, social sciences, or related fields.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years experience in community development, conducting gender analysis and developing gender strategies in the agricultural sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in gender issues in the development and humanitarian context.
- Demonstrated experience in working with stakeholders in the government, private sector, development partners and UN organizations on gender issues.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in youth programming
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Language: Fluency in the English language is essential. Knowledge of local languages spoken in Ghana will be an advantage.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.