Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
He/she will support all activities related to sustainable agriculture, environmental management and safeguarding, climate-smart agricultural practices in the project activities. Will also actively participate in the designing, executing, monitoring, and reporting on all environment and safeguarding activities implemented in the project
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programme/DCD, the technical supervision of the Sustainable Food Systems Coordinator in Accra, the Programme Associate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Take the lead in promoting activities and programmes aimed at mainstreaming climate-smart initiatives and activities in all project activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- In liaison with Program Policy Officers and partners jointly promote Climate Smart Agriculture Initiatives among Smallholders and Communities and ensure climate practices are integrated into agricultural production practices.
- Participate in capacity building activities of WFP staff and partners in areas of sustainable agriculture / climate smart agriculture and risk mitigation measures
- He/she will ensure that efforts will be made to ensure organizational policies and practices related to sustainable agriculture and climate changes are understood and can be effectively implemented through on-going training courses for all such Personnel.
- Liaise with M&E Programme officer to ensure all indicators related to environment and climate smart agriculture are captured for reporting in the routine project reports
- Actively Participate in proposal, concept note development, and planning for new interventions or review of existing interventions on climate-smart agriculture
- Review project and activity plan, budgets, field-level agreements (FLAs) documents to ensure environmental factors and mitigations are incorporated, and sub-project documents and environmental documents are in harmony
- Provide support regular support for ongoing SO2 documentation and consolidation of various data and reports reporting
- In collaboration with the programme policy officers, assist with day-to-day Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) programme management affairs, especially Organizing & scheduling SO2 weekly/biweekly meetings and take lead in taking minutes and follow up on action points with the responsible staff in SO2
- Actively participate in planning, implementation of all assessments related to SO2 and share results and lessons learnt for purposes of improving approaches and projects implementation strategies in the future.
- Will support the Gender and Youth Programme policy officer in promoting climate-smart agricultural practices among the youths and women and propose related innovations that will benefit and safeguard the youth and women from environmental-related risks.
Qualification Required & Experience
- First degree in Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Agricultural Sciences, Development studies or other related fields.
- A master in any of the above fields is an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Technical skills and knowledge in human rights, Project management, Sustainable Agriculture (Climate-smart agriculture), Gender mainstreaming
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in project implementation related to sustainable food systems, agriculture, environment, disaster management and nutrition value chains or other related fields.
Language: Fluency and good command of the English language (oral and written) is essential. French will be an added value.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.