NGO Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Programme Policy Officer (Sustainable Food Systems) - World Food ProgrammeNGO Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The job holder will report to the Head of Sub Office, Tamale, with technical supervision by the Sustainable Food Systems Coordinator in Accra. Job holders at this level operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full.
They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Oversee and be responsible for the implementation of all sustainable food systems (SO2) activities in the 5 regions of the North: Upper East, Upper West, Savanna, Northeast and Northern regions – with a focus on efficient production systems, post-harvest loss management, access to affordable financial services and innovative market linkages and support to community and medium scale food processors.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all efforts and activities to guide the implementation of WFP’s Smallholder Agriculture and Market Support (SAMS) programme in the 5 regions of the North (Northern, Upper East, Upper West, Savannah and North East).
- Support the Food Systems Coordinator in the management, implementation and reporting on the Strengthening Food Systems to Empower Smallholder Farmers and Young People project.
- Engage with stakeholders, explore, develop and/or maintain partnerships that support efficient and effective food systems programme implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Liaise with the regional departments of agriculture through the designated regional focal points for implementation, monitoring, and reporting; follow-up on monthly activity/project progress reports, review, consolidate and share with the Food Systems Coordinator and Head of Sub-Office.
- Facilitate capacity strengthening of Small Holder Farmers (SHF), Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), aggregators, and other rural actors to participate in structured markets; and promote market linkages through e-commerce platforms and other end buyers.
- Collaborate with key government agencies like Ghana Standards Authority (GSA), Ghana Commodity Exchange (GCX), and other private sector agencies to facilitate acquisition of national certifications to support FBOs and other value chain actors to access digital platforms; and promote both traditional and digital marketing models.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure active participation of smallholder farmers including women and youths in organized value chains and structured markets to facilitate job creation for the youths.
- Facilitate and promote youth innovations that create efficiency in marketing for smallholder farmers e.g. e-commerce innovations, digital payments, transport, packaging, storage, and other logistical innovations.
- Support with the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Post-Harvest Management interventions and technologies among farmer-based organizations and aggregation systems.
- Support Smallholder Farmers and Communities’ Resilience building through crop insurance, training or other forms of assistance including Climate Smart and Nutrition-Sensitive Agricultural Initiatives.
- Liaison with the Food Technologist, and the Food Systems Coordinator, to provide technical support and coordinate efforts to strengthen food safety and quality management systems along the agricultural value chain.
- In coordination with the Food Systems Coordinator, and Head of Sub-Office liaise with the Research Advocacy and Monitoring (RAM) team to develop Theory of Change; support in the development of a sound monitoring and evaluation plan for learning and accountability.
- Liaise with the Food Systems Coordinator and Head of Sub-office to contribute towards the development of routine reports, Annual Performance Plan (APP), Annual Country Report (ACR) and other corporate requirements.
- In coordination with the Food Systems Coordinator actively participate in Resource mobilization activities including development of Food systems concepts and proposals aimed at raising funds from international donors and financial institutions.
- Perform any other duties as may be provided by Supervisors from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
- First degree in Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Development Studies or other related fields. A master’s degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- In-depth technical knowledge on sustainable food systems, e-commerce/commodity exchange platforms, youth in agriculture, agriculture and nutrition value chain, programme coordination and projects implementation.
- A minimum of three years of post-graduate professional progressive experience managing programmes related to sustainable food systems, agriculture and nutrition value chains or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in the English language is essential. Knowledge of local languages spoken in northern Ghana will be an advantage.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.