Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We, Jhpiego are currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following position of Program Manager
- Duration of Contract: May 1, 2022 – 30 September, with possible extension to 31 May 2023
- Job Location: Accra
- Position Reports to Country Director
- Positions Supervised: Technical Team
The Program Manager will oversee the MCGL’s program implementation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a focal point in representing Jhpiego in the implementation of the MCGL project in Ghana
- Develop detailed implementation plans and budgets, submit for review and approval with clear team accountability aligned with program proposal, in close collaboration with internal and external team players
- Harness human, material and financial resources appropriate for the program
- Maintain an overview of project budget (regularly monitor budget versus actual (BVA) expenditures) and proactively develop timely solutions to the project’s under and overspends in line with organization and donor requirements
- Ensure continuous monitoring of program activities, as well as timely and accurate evaluation and reporting of progress toward the achievement of program goals and objectives
- Supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff; align their efforts with program goals
- Coordinate technical inputs from several different international technical experts and support international advisors to better understand the local context for the project, applying excellent and timely communication
- Monitor and supervise short- and long-term consultants contributing to program efforts
- Contribute to establishing, maintaining, and improving active and regular working relationships with government authorities, donors and other partner agencies
- Support a robust learning culture where teams and individual staff can share openly successes and failures for continuous improvement at organizational and individual levels, facilitating as appropriate the application and use of specific methodologies found in MCGL’s adaptive learning toolkit
- Utilize learning from the field to contribute to the improvement of project, development and implementation of other programs/projects and advocacy initiatives
- Provide timely program updates to Country Director, relevant departments and US-based backstopping teams
- Present progress, achievements and lessons learned to key stakeholders including Ghana Health Services and other relevant partners.
- Develop program risk mitigation plans along with teams for smooth implementation of the program, identifying delays and informing Program Director
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems and review outputs for quality control
- Ensure that project reports, work plans, publications and other program-related documents and donor requests for information are of high quality and produced on time in line with agreed deadlines
- Support and apply knowledge management system by promoting and facilitating evidence/knowledge generation, dissemination, and publication
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters’ degree in public health or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Project Management preferred
- 10 years of mid-to senior-level experience implementing and managing complex donor-funded public health programs
- Solid understanding of/extensive experience in Ghana in RMNCH+ nutrition/IPC/WASH, with strong knowledge of and experience working in collaboration with MOH and GHS, international and local donor agencies and program implementing organizations (NGOs).
- Knowledge of competency-based training, performance and quality improvement approaches
- Experienced in project management cycle from the design, start-up, implementation, M&E, and transition/handover/closing
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving, show initiative/being pro-active, work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated skills in collaborative engagement, program planning, knowledge management, networking and communication.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and supervisory skills, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of USAID programs, regulations, compliance and reporting
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ghana up to 30% of the time
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.