Jobs In Tema 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Origin Chemist, we spend our days thinking and developing innovative ways of providing good health for everyone. We seek to challenge the norms and build a company that inspires trust and teamwork. We have learnt to dream big, think far, and do what no one thought possible.
With a growing team of passionate professionals headquartered at Mataheko-Afienya, Tema, Ghana, we have been able to leverage our selfless ambition to ensure that healthcare is made truly accessible and affordable for everyone. In only a few years, we have been able to extend our unique services and low-cost quality products to thousands of people at Mataheko-Afienya, Akosombo, Dawhenya-Prampram, Ada, Tema, East Legon, Madina and other adjourning areas in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In 2021, we received accreditation from the Pharmacy Council of Ghana to run Origin Training Centre; a centre that is dedicated to raising pharmacy assistants who are truly concerned about others. Here, we provide superior training that inspires compassion for patients and dares change consistently to build healthier communities.
The position of Accounts Officer consists of analyzing financial information, purchasing and preparing financial reports, keeping assets records, reconciling budget and expenses within the organization. This also involves sending out bills and invoices, following up on overdue payments and ensuring that the company’s invoices and payments (including insurances) match up correctly by cross-checking the original document to the company’s record.
Key Responsibilities (General)
- Manage company’s financial records, thus accounts payable and receivable
- In-charge of preparing and submitting company taxes, SSNIT, and other regulatory obligations
- Processing insurance claims and tracking payment by health insurance companies
- Oversee branch sales reconciliation and ensure banking of funds is accurate
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy
- Sending bills and invoices to credit clients
- Tracking organization expenses
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Processing refunds
- Working with retail and operations team on overdue payments
- Communicating with clients regarding billing and payments
- Serve as the lead point of contact for business to business account management matters
- Resolving accounts to the general ledger
- Handling queries related to accounts
- Prepare vouchers and cheques for the release of funds and procure logistics as approved
- File payment vouchers and receipts and keep soft copies of all payments and receipts using Excel or any accounting software
- Communicate purchases information to Retail Operations Lead, Procurement Manager, Pharmacy Team Leads and Management, and reconcile figures weekly. Address all disparities that may arise
- Keep inventory of all Origin Chemist Ltd.’s property and update the asset book yearly
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s / Master's degree (or relevant experience) in Business Administration with specialization in Finance/Accounting or related discipline
- Being a chartered accountant is an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a similar role at a healthcare facility, dealing with PRIVATE OR PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- High proficiency in the use of Accounting software.
- Language proficiency in English, Akan or any local language; fluency in French is an added advantage
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a can-do attitude;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of the company.
- High standard of ethics in analyzing the use of resources
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Accounts Officer shall report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or any top-level executive assigned by the CEO.
The office of the Accounts Officer will be at the organization’s head office located at Mataheko-Afienya, Tema, Ghana
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.