Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Lindt Cocoa Foundation is looking for a Sustainability Representative Ghana to join the global team. This exciting position will play a key role in driving the successful implementation of the Lindt & Sprüngli Farming Program in Ghana and engage with partners and external stakeholders locally.
We are looking for a senior Program manager with an environmental background and practical experience in agroforestry, deforestation, or carbon emission reduction projects.
IN THIS ROLE YOUR MAIN TASKS WILL BE TO:
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate sustainable cocoa bean and cocoa butter programs in Ghana
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Spend time in the field, visit farmers, program partners, exporters etc., including unannounced visits to ensure professional and quality-focused implementation of programs
- Oversee and strengthen the implementation of no-deforestation & agroforestry related activities across Africa, ensuring assessing and scaling of best-practices across supply chains regarding agroforestry design and PES across implementation partners
- Advise the cocoa sustainability team on the local feasibility of implementation of decarbonization measures in the context of Science-Based Targets
- Participate in CFI activities in Ghana, including representation in landscape projects
- Regularly liaise with local stakeholders (e.g. Governments, NGOs, industry associations etc.), represent Lindt Cocoa Foundation and Lindt & Sprüngli at locally organized conferences and events
- Keep up to date knowledge on developments in the sector, and proactively evaluate options to participate in sector initiatives or react to new developments in the sector
- Support in any other relevant tasks as assigned
- University degree in agronomy, environmental sciences, biology or comparable
- Minimum 10 years working experience in sustainable agriculture, including up-country experience, preferably in the cocoa sector
- Deep knowledge of sustainability topics, with a focus on environmental aspects of food supply chains. Expertise in agroforestry, zero deforestation and/or carbon emission reduction programs preferred
- Experience in managing, implementing, consulting, or evaluating large scale sustainability Programs. Previous experience in a supply chain company is a plus
- A large network of different stakeholders locally involved in the cocoa sector preferred
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Very trustworthy person, fully adhering to our Business Code of Conduct, and able to deal with confidential information
- Ability to work remote and very independently
- Strong project management, reporting and collaboration skills
- Fluent spoken and written English; any local languages a big plus
- Attention to details, high analysis skills and strategic thinking capabilities
- Motivated and committed person going the extra mile
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ghana and occasionally to Ivory Coast (including stays in the field / in farmer villages under very basic conditions)
- Valid driving license
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.