Jobs In Obuasi 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position: Senior First Aider. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- Manage incidents and ensure the continuing safety of themselves, bystanders and the casualty;
- Assess any casualties and discover the nature & cause of their injuries or illnesses;
- Arrange for further medical help or other emergency services to attend; usually by making an emergency phone call to Mine emergency centre or Mine control;
- Prioritise casualty treatment based upon medical requirements;
- Provide appropriate first aid treatment that they have been trained to do, and that is reasonable in the circumstances;
- Ability to place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position to maintain their airway;
- Generate reports and record observations of casualties, ideally monitoring Vital Signs and SAMPLE information;
- Ability to stop bleeding using pressure and elevation methods;
- Ability to Keep a fractured limb still and supported;
- Provide a handover when further medical help arrives;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years experience in a senior role in first aiding within a mining or construction environment, underground experience is an added advantage;
- Minimum of Diploma in the related field or any Health-related Course;
- Ability to Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR);
- Ability to Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)Must be conversant with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 with fair idea in the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground;
- MINCOM Certification is an added advantage;
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve results;
- Ability to work day and night rotation.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.