Jobs In Bibiani,Western Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second-largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open-pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Reports directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of the Business Unit Management, ensuring production and financial results of the Processing plan are delivered in line with the annual and strategic business plan. Manage and run the Process Plant efficiently.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Provide excellent cost management while achieving high productivity. Optimize and manage multiple-stage comminution circuits and activated carbon processes.
- Participate with the General Manager to set production goals and policy for the mine and then direct the activities of the Process Plant staff to achieve those production goals. Set performance targets, and measures.
- Prepare annual operating plans and budgets for the Process Plant as well as monthly forecasts. Maintain costs by controlling labor, power and supplies while achieving production targets.
- Develop and maintain Metallurgical Accounting, Reconciliation procedures and coordinate the shipment of bullion
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for production, gold recovery and operating cost whilst monitoring operating budget and control systems for the consumables
- Plan and manage plant shutdowns to maximize the time available for plant maintenance and processing jobs whilst ensuring minimal production losses
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and back-up to operational and maintenance personnel in order to develop the team, increase efficiency and achieve targets whilst adhering to mine standards and legislation
- Provide technical input to all project evaluations e.g. capital expenditure proposals and/or plant/process modifications
- Provide strong people management skills and lead a team of approximately 100 people in total.
- Develop systems and measures that appropriately assess milling and leaching operations performance to ensure goal achievement.
- Develop and manage a metallurgical laboratory and team to support optimization of the process plant operations.
- Develop policies and procedures relating to safety, environment, individual and organizational development.
- Improve integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Masters Degree in Metallurgical, Mineral Processing or Chemical engineering with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience in the metallurgical and mineral processing operation
- Additional specialized education, including a master’s level degree, is preferred.
- Ghana Minerals Commissions Certificate of Competency (Process Manager’s Certificate of Competency)
- General knowledge of mining and the integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions.
- Detailed knowledge of all phases of gold processing including grinding and agitated leaching with cyanide, carbon absorption and regeneration, and refining.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and mobilize subordinates to act on these opportunities.
- Able to work independently, as well as be an effective member of the management team.
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.