Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Do you remember when PHP loops, arrays and classes were all you knew or the day the IDE was finally tailored just for you? Do you remember when you mastered how to make your APIs REST or the time you learned the hard way about the value of a Unit Test?
If you remember the road travelled between where you started and where you’ve gotten to, you have our respect. If you feel that the journey should continue then you will have our attention!
We are on the hunt for the nation’s finest PHP developers to make our story part of their journey. We are Walulel, the geospatial, geosocial, geocommunication company. We build Real Estate related, data-driven, web-first software that enables property to be used more efficiently and more intelligently.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We are a merry band of quants, cartographers, coders, urban planners, surveyors, marketers and product makers who work together to make products that shine. No more, no less.
We’re already pretty good, but we know we can get better. If you’re reading this, you probably think the same. If you consider yourself to be a logical and inquisitive individual with a proven ability in building complex, data-driven, secure, responsive back-end systems to support highly dynamic websites, then this is a great opportunity to join us and let our story be a part of your journey.
In this key role, after an initial acclimatisation period, you’ll have the opportunity to further hone and demonstrate your web development skills, whilst building a dynamic database-driven website. You will help to optimise the company’s development environment whilst working closely with the front-end development team.
As it’s a scale-up, from day one you’ll be considered a key member of the team, and you’ll be in a role where your opinion always matters. You’ll also be involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle. In addition, there will also be a certificated training programme to capture your growth journey.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We need a talented developer with a strong grasp of PHP, SQL and WAMP/LAMP frameworks. Most importantly, we want people who are looking to join an innovative start-up, offering great scope for career development and future growth.
As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will be responsible for developing the back-end of websites and maintaining the systems that keep our code adaptable, current and clean. You will also be responsible for debugging problems and offering guidance to more junior members of our team. Additionally, you will ensure smooth integration with existing libraries and command-line utilities.
As a minimum we need people who have:
- Experience of both PHP and (some familiarity with Python), with a working knowledge of object-oriented programming;
- Some experience with the MVC framework (preferably Laravel);
- World-beating SQL skills, including database design, development and optimisation;
- World-class recent experience of development working with the Windows Command Line;
- Understanding of Bash/Shell Scripting and its applicability; and
- Experience of writing scalable presentation-server code with associated server API tests and the documentation specific to developed APIs and component implementations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What else would be good?
- Bachelors/Masters level (or higher) degree in Computer Science (or a similar/related field);
- Extensive hands-on development experience with a viewable portfolio;
- Knowledge of source control systems, such as Mercurial and/or GIT;
- Previous experience of working with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, Cloud Front and Route 53;
- Experience in working with other scalable hosted solutions; and
- Experience in working on mobile and/or responsive web projects.
Why work with Walulel?
You’ll join, a company with a friendly team of highly-skilled, ambitious and motivated people who work closely together to develop statistical models, that solve complex problems and identify opportunities so as to show people the places they already know in a manner they’ve never seen before.
Unlike other companies we work a four-day week (Monday to Thursday), but we pay a full-time salary. Now if that isn’t reason enough to apply, we don't know what is! Pay wise, our primary concern is with getting the best talent to be on on our team, so whatever you can convince us you’re worth, we'd be happy to pay.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.