Mechanical Technician - Newmont Mining CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Eastern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
About This Role
- To conduct the safe troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems, according to mechanical codes and specifications, to optimize plant processing and production.
In This Role You WillHealth, Safety and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Maintain general housekeeping of tools utilised.
- Participate in regular (i.e. daily) safety leadership efforts.
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Eliminate any safety hazards caused by mechanical defects.
- Contribute to and attend all safety meetings.
- Execute on mechanical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Identify, resolve and correct detected mechanical faults and defects in equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Conduct in-depth investigations into faults affecting equipment operations and process flows.
- Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, including predictive and preventative mechanical maintenance.
- Utilise hand tools, portable electrical tools and maintenance shop equipment safely and effectively.
- Read and utilise precision measuring tools.
- Attend to mechanical breakdowns.
- Identify damaged mechanical parts and repair and replace these, when necessary.
- Overhaul gyratory, MMD Oxide and cone crusher and its associated accessories.
- Conduct inspection and overhaul rockbreaker.
- Undertake mechanical maintenance including:
- Overhauling of different types of pumps, gearboxes and other equipment.
- Conducting change-outs of mill motors and associated bearings.
- Conducting routine equipment running checks.
- Rebuilding various types of vibrating screens.
- Conducting repair works on conveyors and associated accessories.
- Disassembling and assembling various types pumps for repair work to be carried out.
- Disassembling and assembling various gearboxes for repair works.
- Rebuilding and installation of cyclones.
- Conducting repair works on mills (i.e. both sag and ball).
- Conducting servicing and repairs to overhead cranes.
- Conducting repair works on Elution heat exchangers and associated accessories.
- Conducting inspections on Agitators and making repairs to accessories.
- Rebuilding of agitator drive shafts and installations.
- Test repaired equipment to determine the extent of effective functioning.
- Provide practical and technical assistance relevant to the trade to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information for the incoming crew.
- Report and record all necessary shift information in log books.
- Work with the Mechanical Supervisor to maintain optimal mechanical performance of the Process Plant.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Akyem Process Plant operation.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Task Procedures (STP’s).
- Maintain an understanding of monthly production targets and progress.
- Strive to reduce downtime and minimise costs.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Compile reports on field observations and factor results into weekly/fortnightly planning.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical equipment for emergency repairs, conduct visual inspections with guidance.
- Diagnose whether to fix or replace machines.
- Analyse specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications, and in accordance with local standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own daily work and prioritisation schedule.
- Coordinate with support services and assign short-term tasks to other Technicians, as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries and instructions in a professional manner.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is frequently exposed to noise of more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high-visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and a dust mask.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Diploma or relevant certification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Sound knowledge in portable hand and power tools.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mining process plant or similar environment.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills (SAP, MS Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Foremen, Maintenance Personnel, other Operators and Professional Staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot, check tolerances on bearings and use precision measuring tools.
- Ability to conduct mill motor change-outs, as well as bearings during overhaul.
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical names of equipment parts.
- Ability to successfully depressurise all hydraulic units and carry out maintenance jobs.
- Ability to conduct repairs on vibrating screens and hacking of screen deck rails.
- Have knowledge in gyratory, MMD Sizer and cone crusher maintenance
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Detail focused.
- Quality Oriented.
- Safety Conscious.
- Team Player.
- Technically Inclined.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.