Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana Computing Systems provides the IT services that the University of Ghana requires to fulfil its mission to be a world-class centre for research and teaching. UGCS provides innovative services and projects to support learning, teaching and research in response to the changing demands and trends in the IT ecosystem.
In order to more effectively carry out this mandate, applications are invited to fill the following Senior Member positions:
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS
JOB TITLE: Data Centre Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure and Security Services Division
REPORTS TO: Head of System Administration
The role of a Data Center Specialist is to monitor, identify, and resolve issues concerning the data centre, server equipment, VMs setup and backup equipment; performs upgrades, assist with data storage, and restore issues working with the storage Specialist, maintains data centre documentation, tracks physical data centre inventories, and maintains disaster recovery processes for future references.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We currently have a mix of HCI and traditional storage solutions infrastructure within our NOC which are required to be managed seamlessly so that all major applications, storage, and computing platform are up and running and when issues arise could be restored and many more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring, identifying, and resolving issues concerning the data centre, server equipment, VMs setup and backup equipment.
- Performing upgrades, assisting and working with the data storage specialist, restoring issues, maintaining data centre documentation, tracking physical data centre inventories, and maintaining disaster recovery processes for future reference.
- Performing user provisioning activities for all users on campus and working to ensure users are in various systems, including but not limited to Active Directory (AD), e-mail, and telecommunications platform systems support.
- Managing, diagnosing, resolving or escalating for additional support, issues at the Data Centre Network/Telecommunications issues related to PCs/Servers and Telephones.
- Managing support tickets for the Systems and Network team, ensuring completion and resolution of issues by various team members.
- Ensuring backup of servers and relevant databases as well as remote backup storage solutions and using enterprise-based backup solutions like Veeam.
- Conducting daily server platform checks for the server farm and HPC solutions, observing warning lights and initiating replacements as much as necessary.
- De-provisioning and replacing malfunctioning hardware, wiping data for security.
- Restarting failing Enterprise Resource & Planning (ERP) software, as indicated by the user calls.
- Maintaining physical inventory control of IT hardware and supplies for the Systems and Data center, Network and Telecommunications, as well as the User Services teams.
- Assisting to seamlessly integrate the mix of Converged Infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure and traditional Data Centre solutions within the Network Operating Centre required to be managed seamlessly so that all major applications, storage, and computing platforms run smoothly and are easily restored when they go down.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems or a related discipline.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Having the following certifications would be an added advantage:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solution Architect
- Microsoft Certified Solution Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- VMware Certified Associate
- VMware Certified Professional
- Certificate In Advance Intelligence & Forensics in Information Technology
- Sophos Unified Threat Management System Professional (Sophos UTM).
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.