Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana Computing Systems provides the IT services that the University of Ghana requires to fulfil its mission to be a world-class centre for research and teaching. UGCS provides innovative services and projects to support learning, teaching and research in response to the changing demands and trends in the IT ecosystem.
In order to more effectively carry out this mandate, applications are invited to fill the following Senior Member positions:
JOB TITLE: Head, Academic Computing (HAC)
UNIT: Academic Computing
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief Information Technology Officer, Information Technology (IT) SERVICES
The Head, Academic Computing, (HAC) reports to the Deputy CITO (IT Services) and is responsible for identifying and implementing programmes that promote the effective use of technology in supporting teaching, learning and research.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The HAC leads the following sub-units:
- Research and Support
- Library systems
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership for the unit to optimize performance, quality, efficiency, and collaborate with administrative and academic partners across the University’s campuses.
- Designing, adapting, promoting, and implementing industry best practices for e-learning research support and library systems.
- Promoting the use and support of innovative and effective uses of educational technology.
- Collaborating with library and academic units across all UG campuses in areas of educational technology initiatives and support activities.
- Monitoring academic technology developments and trends and advising management accordingly.
- Assessing and evaluating the outcomes and impact of academic technology initiatives to steer ongoing improvements and lead in the development and planning of new initiatives.
- Leading task forces and committees dealing with the IT needs of the University as they relate to academic functions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
QUALIFICATION AND ATTRIBUTES
- A Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Studies, / Science, Educational Technology, Information Systems or a related field.
- 5- 6 years experience working in or leading an academic technology support organization and managing complex information technology systems and processes
- Ability to communicate concepts and processes clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Upholding high ethical and moral standards.
- Ability to coordinate and work with teams and stakeholders.
- Experience in managing external vendor relationships.
- Broad knowledge of trends and future directions of IT and its application in higher education.
How To Apply
An applicant for any of the positions is required to submit an application pack to
The University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25, Legon,
Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- • Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
- • An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.