Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a global company applying our successful model of landscape restoration to contribute to three of the world’s most critical environmental problems – the need for effective solutions to mitigate global climate change; to reverse some of the world’s most degraded landscapes; and to provide an alternative fiber to disrupt consumer products and markets that still contribute to deforestation and deforestation driven emissions.
We are US based with operational headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a growing land base of >22,000 hectares under bamboo restoration activities across Nicaragua, South Africa, Ghana, Rwanda and the Philippines.
We have spent the last decade building the framework for bamboo to be a solution to achieve the above and are poised to scale and are committed to planting over 500,000 bamboo clumps in Ghana in 2022.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your role will be to manage the security operations at Bandai Hills Forest Reserve and North Bandai Forest Reserve, in order to ensure safety of our forest operations.
This role also requires community engagement to be undertaken regularly and as directed in order to ensure effective communication of the forest operations. The successful incumbent will report directly to the General Manager.
Location: Rural - Based on the Farm in the Ashanti Region, with Agogo being the Closest Town
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage, plan and direct security teams and operations, in line with company objectives
- Liaise with the Forestry Commission and local authorities to resolve security matters
- Record keeping of security incidents and reporting of daily and weekly activities
- Be innovative and suggest solutions for security concerns
- Perform fire standby and firefighting duties
- Attend community engagement events with the Community Liaison Officer to inform about company operations and security concerns to cultivate good relations with surrounding communities
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Proven experience in security operations and community relations, including managing security teams
- Qualification in Forestry, Security or related field and a minimum 3-5 years experience in security operations
- Understanding of forestry operations
- Must have a valid motorcycle driver’s license
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required
- Attention to detail and ability to compile and present reports.
- Excellent written and spoken English
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.