Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The country’s favourite insurance group is Hollard Ghana, with subsidiaries Hollard Insurance and Hollard Life Assurance. The group combines its deep local knowledge of the market having previously operated in Ghana for 25 years as Metropolitan Insurance with the world-class expertise of an international insurance brand in 18 countries across the world. With feet firmly planted on Ghanaian soil but headquartered in South Africa,
Hollard delivers innovative insurance solutions customized to the unique risks Ghanaians face. Hollard offers various life and general insurance products including funerals, personal accidents, motor, business, travel, home, and more. Beyond various nationwide office branches and Hollard 2U franchise shops,
Ghanaians can find Hollard at Shell Fuel Station Welcome Shops, Melcom stores and online at www.hollard.com.gh and www.jumia.com.gh for all their insurance needs. Hollard is a three-time certified Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Hollard Ghana is looking for Finance & Accounts Manager
To oversee various accounting responsibilities within the department including branch accounting, payroll management, fixed asset administration, supervision of bank reconciliations, Credit Control, and sure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Report to: Head, Finance & Accounts
- Job Location: Accra
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee payroll administration and effect statutory deductions based on regulations and as may be authorized by individuals.
- Prepare and communicate salary payment schedules including pay slips to members of staff.
- Oversee timely preparation, submission, and payment of statutory and other deductions
- Ensure that capital assets are properly recorded, amortised, and disposed of as appropriated.
- Ensure proper accounting treatment of staff salaries and related deductions on monthly basis
- Monitor companywide compliance of No Premium No Cover (NPNC) regulatory regime
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that all branches including Hollard2U offices have adequate capacity to deal with ‘local’ accounting relate matters.
- Ensure proper accounting procedures at Branch level and check payment vouchers are passed from the Branch offices timely. Also approve agents and bancassurance receipts after receipts captured.
- Supervise monthly bank reconciliation and advice Head of Finance & Accounts accordingly
- Provide leadership and direction to unit members and support the development and capacity building of members team members.
Required Skills or Experience
- University Degree in Accounting/Commerce
- Professional certification by ICAG, ACCA, CIMA
- A minimum of 6 years relevant and middle-level management experience
- Knowledge of Technical Insurance accounting
- Good understanding of tax principles applicable
- Knowledge of accounting packages and systems
- Knowledge of financial and management reporting
- Sound knowledge of IFRS reporting standards
- Advanced computer knowledge in MS Office and IT troubleshooting skills]
How To Apply
Interested persons should send a cover letter and a current resume to:
- Please indicate Finance Manager as the subject of your email. The closing date is Friday, 14th January 2022.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.