Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
GIZ Ghana is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer for a Governance for Inclusive Development (GOVID) project.
- The program is supporting the EU in implementing the Sustainable Cocoa Initiative.
- The objective of sustainable cocoa production shall be reached through measures on living income, reduction of child labor, reduction of deforestation, and the support for reaching compliance with the EU regulations on the respective issues.
Scope of the Role
- As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that financial administration and documentation is done well in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles and GIZ and EU standard procedures.
- You will effectively coordinate activities with all staff and execute and document cash payments for activities, contracts and procurements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- You will ensure that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ and EU standard procedures, effectively coordinate activities with the staff of the finance team, do financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ assisted projects.
- You will coordinate financial processing of financings as to third parties as well as service contracts, including applying for contracting
to GIZ country office or GIZ HQ, checking documentation on the contract, checking invoices and processing for settlement.
- You will carry out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software, balance both books periodically, always prepare for both regular and unannounced dash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
- You will ensure that services rendered within the section are done correctly according to GIZ and EU Financial and Accounting Guidelines.
- You will monitor the real accounts (payables, receivables) and report regularly to the Component Manager and the Senior Finance
- You will ensure full compliance to internal control/ auditing rules.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Commerce from a recognized college
- At least 3 years of experience as a finance officer in a similar position in an international organization.
- Very high proficiency in financial documentation procedures, preferably experience in accounting systems of public institutions in Ghana
- Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent, communication skills, both written and oral in English;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills;
- Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural work environment;
- Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations; autonomous
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2022/SCIP/12/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline,
please consider the application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 5th January 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.