Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Grants Officer will lead on progress monitoring and data management across priority districts for the project, as well as supporting grantees to report on their results. The role will have oversight responsibility on the data management systems used for monitoring activities of grant partners by the “District Enabler and Change Coordinators”.
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Grants Officer will also be responsible for working with the EdLab and Jacobs Foundation Backbone Team to develop clear feedback loops between sub-national and national-level activities. This is to support the establishment of a repository that links district and national level data and evidence generation
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
MONITORING AND DATA MANAGEMENT
- Develop and update, when required, the M&E strategy and M&E plan for the project.
- Implement M&E activities according to M&E strategy and M&E plan.
- Support development of Logical Frameworks for the “Adaptive Learning ecosystems project and working with the project’s technical team to collaboratively choose and define indicators as well as set targets.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintaining an up-to-date M&E matrix based on inputs from each area of the project.
- Ensure that there is an effective and efficient Management Information System operating across all programme components, when available.
- Develop reporting tools and implement tracking systems to monitor progress, in coordination with other project staff.
- Conduct regular monitoring of implementation activities to track timelines, milestones, deliverables, and compliance.
- Supportgrantpartners and stakeholders to apply the M&E system in their management information system and provide training on the systems for
EVALUATION, RESEARCH AND LEARNING
- Devise learning and knowledge management strategies and approaches, based on the evidence generated from the M&E system.
- Contribute to project’s learning and grant partners’ capacity building through supporting specific analyses, lessons learned and reports.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research.
- Work closely with the Jacobs Foundation Backbone Team and Third-party organizations to support the creation of an EdLab to generate evidence and synthesize it to show “what works” and “what does not work” for improving learning outcomes and holistic child development.
- Support the JacobsFoundation Backbone Team to develop clear feedback loops between sub-national and national-level activities.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Grants Management database.
- SupporttheGrants Manager to conduct Due Diligence Assessments (DDAs) on sub-grantees.
- SupportGrantsManager in conducting verification of results reported by sub-grantees to determine the fidelity of implementation and readiness to carry out the next sets of activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- SupporttheGrants Manager to ensure Value for Money during results verification.
- Follow up on recommendations made after results verification and ensure sub-grantees are implementing actions developed for implementation.
- Ensure proper filing of all evidence provided by sub-grantees as part of the results verification and follow up exercises.
- Supportgrantsmanager to facilitate training on data management and monitoring components of funds management.
- Contribute to Grant Opening Meetings, Project Review Meetings and Grant Closure Meetings.
- Mentor other project staff in executing M&E plans.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Leader.
Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in statistics applied research or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 year's demonstrable working experience in applied monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Supervising personnel in fieldwork to generate evidence while ensuring quality.
- Experience in data analysis, knowledge management and report writing.
- Conducting workshops and delivering presentations.
- Excellent planning and management skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted work plans and see them through to completion.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be well-organized, task- and time-oriented, and pays close attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suites, including statistical and GIS software packages.
- Excellent report writing skills, including experience in preparing donor reports.
- Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Applications are to be submitted electronically to
before 5 pm on January 7, 2022.
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.