Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Accra, Ghana. The individual will act as technical authority for Tullow’s electrical systems and provide support to the Offshore Asset Teams. We are looking for a forward thinker who will identify plant optimisation opportunities and maximise the value of the asset.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Act as Technical Authority to provide assurance on the adherence of electrical Performance Standards.
- Assess and provide support and guidance to the Offshore RPE.
- Baseline the performance of the processing facilities to identify constraints, operating restrictions, and sensitivities in electrical and power systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Liaise with 3rd party power and electrical SME’s to optimize operations and develop improvement opportunities.
- Manage power system studies (short circuit, motor starting, over voltage protection, arc flashing, harmonics etc.)
- Ensure electrical protections are adequately designed and remain fit for purpose.
- Ensure that Ex protection of the entire FPSO meet the required standards and remain within design specification.
- Ensure electrical and Instrumentation specifications, data sheets, cable schedules and interface schedules meet standards.
- Manage the implementation of studies and design changes including equipment sizing, UPS, cable sizing, lighting, grounding, instruments selection and heat tracing.
- Ensure technology deployment opportunities are assessed to ensure plant performance is optimized and emissions minimized.
- Ensure electrical PO’s meet company standards for critical electrical equipment.
- Provide support to offshore operation team in day-to-day operation on E&I troubleshooting, change request and possible optimizations.
- Provide engineering support to project engineers and M&I team on all E&I matters.
- Provide construction engineering input to project engineers and operation planner to build up an accurate offshore execution plan.
- Participate in design reviews, audits, HAZOPs and other technical safety-related reviews as required.
- Liaise with vendors, sub-contractors to improve equipment performance & deliver operational & project modifications to improve operational efficiency.
- Support MOC process and ensure MOC’s are progressed in a timely manner.
- Significant experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry, with Floating Production facilities acting as Technical Authority.
- Experience of high, medium, and low voltage systems.
- Experience in Ex standards and management of Ex compliance of operating units.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Fully familiar with international codes e.g., IEEE, IEC, NEC, ISA, NEMA, CSA, UL, API.
- Ability to find and mark-up existing documents in a coherent manner for use in scoping and implementing changes.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A bachelor’s degree or tertiary equivalent in Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline.
- Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for offshore travel to the FPSO –training provided by Tullow when required
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.