Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Do you have experience consulting or working in the tech field working with teams to drive systemic and transformative change through working with the government? Are you passionate about improving the policy and regulatory environments which enable government’s digitalisation aspirations and the broader tech ecosystem?
This post is part of our growing Ghana country team and global Tech for Development programme which is enabled by a dynamic external partner across existing and new operations in our Government Advisory and Tech & Public Policy Divisions. This landmark initiative will be delivered across 30 countries, of which Ghana is a priority country.
The Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation is playing a pivotal role in the development of a robust digital policy framework to support the digitisation of the economy in a manner that captures and benefits every citizen.
Developing this framework requires a determined effort to understand the new reality, in order to resolve the new challenges arising from the internet era, combined with the legacy technologies already in place.
The post holder will play a central role in TBI’s work to develop politically actionable policy and strategy, and to use this to make Government of Ghana’s Tech ecosystem more efficient and effective.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The post holder will be embedded at the Ministry of Communication and Digitalisation, report to the Head of Technology for Development Ghana, and work closely with other members of TBI’s Global Tech for Development Team, and the wider policy community at the Institute.
This is an initial fixed term contract of 12 months.
The key objectives for the role are:
- Establish distinctive, evidence-based Tech policy guidelines to reconfigure the Government’s use of technology in order to foster better decision-making, improve internal efficiencies within the Government of Ghana, and ultimately improve the lives of the people in Ghana.
- Build productive relationships with key senior stakeholders in tech and policy within the Government of Ghana with a focus on the Ministry of Communications & Digitalisation as well as other stakeholder ministries.
- Scope and design strategy and programme of support for TBI’s tech policy engagement with Government of Ghana, reporting to the Head of Tech, and in line with TBI T4D’s global strategic framework.
- Advisory and development of coherent Tech policies to improve interoperability, scalability, security, Big Data capabilities and reduce Government of Ghana’s overall TCO.
- Drive the execution of the Tech policy design with a small talented team of Tech policy consultants.
- The key factors to a successful delivery of this project are: total cost of ownership (TCO) of Government of Ghana’s Tech ecosystem significantly reduced, interoperability between systems cross Ministries have improved, created a harmonious data view over Government of Ghana’s most relevant IT-Systems in order to be ready for the implementation of Big Data capabilities.
- Strategy and Planning: Write a plan of approach that clearly articulates how the Tech policies in scope will contribute to the key objectives as outlined in the key objectives for this role. Ensure alignment with TBI’s project strategy in Ghana and TBI’s global T4D strategic framework. Integrate this plan with the overall Government strategy, which covers from one tech domain to another. Integrate policy recommendations within existing policies, with the purpose of creating a harmonious data guided view of the Government’s Technology landscape
- Government Relations: Establish effective and trusted relationships with the key stakeholders including Ministers, Senior Advisors, Director General’s, and Directors
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Execution and Monitoring: Establish, review, and maintain project goals and plans. Serve as the focal point for the Tech policy development team. Report and engage with the Head Technology for Development Ghana, to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot, and manage the initiative across the Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation and overall Government. In addition, it is expected that the post holder supports the Head Technology for Development Ghana in the development of TBI’s Tech for Development country strategy
- People: Work with the embedded and digital transformation teams at the Ministry to realize the stated key objectives for this role in keeping with the Ministry’s vision, TBI Ghana T4D strategy and the global T4D results framework. Furthermore, it is expected that the post holder will seek alignment and work closely together with TBI’s global Tech Public Policy team if and when relevant
- External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as consultants, International development agencies, Government/Ministries, and agencies
- One TBI: The post holder will formally report into the Head Tech for Development Ghana, and form part of the wider country project team and global Tech for Development team. Engage with other T4D colleagues providing Tech Policy advisory to government and generate cross-country learnings and best practice contributing to a broader learning culture within the programme
The following criteria must be met:
- Strong understanding of, and ability to navigate, the Ghana ICT eco-system and government machinery, its structures and operating environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years’ experience in leading Tech policy consulting engagements. Post holder has proven experience in implementing large transversal Tech policy changes with direct report to and, or sponsorship from DG’s, Directors and, or Ministers within governments
- Proven ability to structure, articulate, prioritise, solve, and implement complex Tech policy problems
- Experience working in a developing country on tech policy / projects
- A clear and confident communicator, both written and spoken
- Fluency in English required (oral and written)
The following is also desirable:
- Previous experience in Ghana
- A strong network in the Tech sector in Africa
- A track record and ability to speak publicly and represent the institute and your work to senior stakeholder audiences including government and the international community
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.