Jobs In Eastern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To plan, conduct, and leadership studies and projects in the areas of improving practices, alternatives evaluation, design and engineering, procurement and contracts, and cost/schedule.
- Responsible for the leadership of Consultants and Business Teams to complete work within time and cost parameters and fit for purpose.
- To maintain project engineering and project management agreed standards, guidance, and procedures under the Investment System.
- To define and maintain project engineering and project management best practices.
In This Role You Will:
Project Engineering and Project Management Services
- Support studies and projects, Merger & Acquisition activities, operations, and regional project teams.
- Ensure adherence to Newmont's global and regional standards, processes, systems, and procedures. Support the development of project deliverables and improvement of the Investment System process.
- Support the development, implementation and management of documents, and knowledge management. Support and lead risk and opportunity workshops for studies and projects.
- Coordinate and ensure the application of value improvement practices (VIP’s) on studies and projects. Support development of Project Engineers, Study Managers and Engineering Managers between Projects and Corporate pool.
- Support the updating of the Project Management Guidebook and the development of “Fit for Purpose” design guidelines and support the efforts to promote fit for purpose engineering.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Study Management (Pre-feasibility and Feasibility)
- Establish the study team, including organization, roles and responsibilities, and division of responsibilities (RACI Charts).
- Drive and coordinate creation of business objectives and business cases based on the Company's business strategy.
- Develop project options and busin
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.