Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Metallurgical Training Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
Reporting to the Plant Manager -Technical, the incumbent will manage the training and development strategy of the department by developing and updating the training matrix and the individual development plans in consultation with the human resources department.
The Metallurgical Training Specialist will be responsible for developing and coordinating the revision of standard operating procedures of the processing plant as well as conducting on-the-job training need analysis for employees in the processing plant and mapping each course to all employees in a training matrix and also design processing related technical training programs to adhere to the skill gaps identified within the department.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The incumbent will also be responsible for training and upskilling the entire Process Plant workforce to improve health, safety and environmental practices for increased production efficiencies.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour that is consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Identify safety training needs and deliver safety training requirements to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Contribute to the department’s target to achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate with the sphere of influence.
- Contribute to the Processing Department’s objective to eliminate hydrocarbon and hypersaline water spills to zero within the Metallurgy Department.
- Conduct a robust baseline training needs/requirement gap analysis for the entire Processing department and drive gap closure training programmes.
- Design an annual training strategy for the Process Plant team and ensure it synchronizes with the mine-wide training agenda that sits with the Human Resource Department.
- Coordinate annual IDPs for the Process Plant team and follow through with their execution with support from the HR training section.
- Liaise with the Cyanide Champion and other stakeholders to ensure the Processing department play their role in supporting the mine to achieve and sustain ICMI re-certification. Community and stakeholder regular engagement on cyanide awareness.
- Work closely with the HR training team to ensure workers within the department attain the required MINCOM certifications.
- Work closely with Safety, Health and Environment to ensure the Processing Plant achieves and sustain ISO 45001 and ISO14001 compliance.
- Liaise with Plant Management and other stakeholders to regularly update/review all plant SOPs, permits, logsheets and other documentation to ensure the relevant data is captured.
- Coordinate both on the job training, classroom training, including external and internal resource assistance where required.
- Build a robust repository for all training documentation and activities for referencing when required. Ensure the training matrix is well structured and updated.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Recognized tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Mineral, Material or Chemical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer will be a plus. (Ghana Institution of Engineers)
- Proven previous experience in Process Plant training role. Minimum of 8 years in senior roles
- Proven experience in Technical Metallurgical role. Minimum of 5 years in such role
- Experience and understanding of the total mining cycle.
- Proven experience in collaborating with the engineering department
Plant/Metallurgical/Processing Superintendent Certification from MINCOM
Management of plant performance and efficiency
- Production scheduling
- Stock management and control
- In-depth understanding of Technical Metallurgy.
- Demonstrable knowledge of metallurgical processes such as, but not limited to, size reduction, flotation, BIOX, leaching, desorption and tailings disposal
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Should not require direct supervision because this incumbent provides leadership especially after normal office hours
- Strong and proven decision-making skills.
- Willingness to delegate
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with AGA values.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.