Jobs In Ashanti Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue-based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
- Location: Ashanti Region
- Reports to: Field Coordinator
CONTINUE READING BELOW
School for Life in partnership with Luminos Fund will be implementing a Complementary Basic Education /Second Chance Programme, targeting out of school children for a 9-month literacy and numeracy education and onward transition into formal schools for the 2022/23 academic year.
In line with this, School for Life is looking for qualified and experience candidates for Field Supervisor Positions.
This position is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in a designated District in the Ashanti region. The position holder shall be responsible for the direct supervision and support for CBE/Second Chance Class Facilitators and Local Committees.
He/she shall also be responsible for coordinating activities of School for Life/Luminos Fund Complementary Basic Education (CBE)/Second Chance Programme in the districts and communities under his/her supervision.
He/she shall be responsible for regular monitoring of the CBE classes and for the provision of coaching and mentoring support to class facilitators. He/She shall work closely with the Field Coordinator for community engagements and animations.
- Participate in animation, graduation and registration of learners in communities
- Supervise and motivate facilitators in the designated districts
- Responsible to the Field Coordinator, who can delegate duties related to implementation of internal monitoring of the programme to the Supervisor
- Assist the Community local committees in identification of facilitators in the district and participate in their (facilitator) training.
- Regular monitoring of CBE classes and provision of mentoring and coaching support to class facilitators and Local Committees
- Assist the facilitators in data collection at community level including the tracer studies
- Participate in sensitization of local committees, traditional and opinion leaders
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Submit monthly and situational reports from beneficiary communities to the Field Coordinator and assist the coordinator in the report writing
- Implement the strategy for the recruitment of female facilitators
- Establish good working relationship between the Local committees and PTA/SMC’s
- Responsible for continuous animation of both old and current communities
- Team-up with District Coordinators in organizing workshops, courses and other field activities
- Assist facilitators in the registration of children into CBE classes and the integration of graduates into the formal school
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in education, languages, teacher training or other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- Candidates with Diploma certificate with prior working experience as a Facilitator of CBE for a minimum of 5 years can also apply.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in the NGO or CSO sector with focus on education intervention and working experience especially in rural environment.
- Candidates with experience implementing the CBE programme have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be able to ride a motorbike in difficult terrains.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Must be a strong team player
- Diligent and able to self-initiate
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages used in the program area especially Asante twi
- High skills in ICT, Microsoft Suite, internet and the use of social media for communication
- Familiarity with local customs and traditions in Ashanti Region
- Preparedness to reside in the district of appointmen
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to
stating the job title in the subject line. Applications should be submitted on or before 24th December, 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- For further information on the application process, please contact School for life via 0372094054 or 0242575111 during working hours between 9am and 5pm.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.