Jobs In Ashanti Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
- Location: Ashanti Region
- Reports to: Education Development Manager
School for Life in partnership with Luminos Fund will be implementing a Complementary Basic Education /Second Chance Programme, targeting out of school children for a 9-month literacy and numeracy education and onward transition into formal schools for the 2022/23 academic year.
In line with this, School for Life is looking for qualified and experience candidates for a Field Coordinator Position:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This position is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in the Ashanti region. Th position holder shall be responsible for the direct supervision and support for Field Facilitators. He/she shall also be responsible for coordinating activities of School for Life/Luminos Fund Complementary Basic Education (CBE)/Second Chance Programme in the Region including stakeholder engagements at the district and community levels. He/she shall also play a key role in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of programme implementation and progress. He/She shall be the point person for School for life in the region and district of operations.
- Coordinating activities of School for Life Operations in the Region and designated districts
- Supervise and provide support including coaching and mentoring to field supervisors assigned to him or her.
- Responsible for communities’ involvement and the implementation of SfL activities in the designated districts.
- Responsible for the MER tasks within the designated districts
- In collaboration with the Ghana Education Service, the Complementary Education Agency and the District Assemblies, arrange and implement animation for the SfL/Luminos Fund programme.
- Carry out stakeholder engagement and advocacy activities at the District level with support of the programme team
- Present monthly, quarterly-, end of cycle-, activity- and situational reports to the Education Development Manager
- Participate as course coordinator in training course for facilitators and assist in the training of local stakeholders
- Responsible for the data collection at community level including the tracer programme
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts with Traditional authorities, MDA’s and community representatives in the district
- Support the establishment of local committees in the communities and guide their operations
- Conduct sustained animation in the communities based on identified needs
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in education, development studies, social science, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- Candidates with additional qualifications in teacher training and Languages especially in Asante Twi/Akan and pedagogical skills will have an added advantage. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in the NGO or CSO sector with focus on education interventions in Ghana.
- Candidates with experience implementing the CBE programme have an added advantage.
- Candidates with Diploma and with over 7 years of experience can also apply.
- Candidates should be able to ride a motorbike in difficult terrains.
Key Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Must be a strong team player
- Diligent and able to self-initiate
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages used in the program area especially Asante twi
- High skills in ICT, Microsoft Suite, internet and the use of social media for communication
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.