Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A key element of the national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation. The intervention of areas of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the Technical Vocational Training sector (TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavour by improving the conditions for the creation of decent and productive employment.
Scope of the Role:
The Procurement officer provides support in ensuring that procurement regulations comply with GIZ PuR and local legislation of Ghana
- Purchasing materials and equipment for the NIED cluster assisted projects/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions
- Coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administrative division of CO and with procurement officers at head office
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Accepts goods, inspects delivery, and ensures that the receipt is documented, and goods received checked appropriately
- Contacts suppliers of defective goods delivered and arrange necessary follow-ups
- Checks goods invoices, goods inwards receipts and delivery notes and payment instruction
- Establishes contracts and issues invitations to tender in accordance with GIZ PuR
- Regular update on project contracts to project team members
- Organises adequate filing system in accordance with the DMS structure and files documents properly for easy retrieval
- Reservation of hotel and domestic flight bookings
Qualification Required & Experience
- BA in business administration recognised degree in business administration, Procurement and Logistic or in Finance
- At least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position excellent knowledge of procurement procedures
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
- Very good knowledge of the English language, a knowledge of German is an add advantage
- Very good communication skills and negotiation skills
- Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2021/PSED/11/04.
Closing Date: 14 December 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.