Healthcare Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Midwife / Centre Manager, Tamale Centre - Marie Stopes GhanaHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Length of contract: One (1) year.
The Midwife/Centre Manager is responsible for the effective functioning of assigned centres through adequate planning and deployment of resources: human, finance and logistics. The job holder provides and ensures core clinical services daily at the centre. He/she develops centre work plans with his/her team, supervises, coordinates, monitors and assesses the performance of the clinical team to ensure quality service delivery.
In addition, the role has responsibility for maintaining proper and accurate records of Centre’s activities, addresses client complaints, and periodically collecting and analysing incidence reports in compliance with set clinical Standards. The Midwife/Centre Manager will report to the respective Regional Manager in the region.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The Midwife/Centre Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising, monitoring, and providing high quality clinical services in the centre.
- Oversees the work schedules of all clinical team working within the centre.
- Efficiently provide clinical services including long-acting family planning methods when needed
- Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary.
- Provide core MSIG Clinical services including: IUCD, Implant insertion, MSP and MSMP.
- Facilitates the transfer, relief and rotation of centre team members when necessary to ensure that the optimum number of team members per centre is maintained.
- Provides support for Centre team, managing performance within the team.
- Supports Medical Development Team (MDT) to manage members of the Clinical team to build their capacity and strengthen competency and provides technical clinical staff training and professional development
- Monitors monthly centre results in collaboration with the team and change work plan when necessary.
- Responsible for all logistical requirements needed for the centre and prevents unnecessary stock outs and wastage in the centre.
- Responsible for reporting, clinical issues including major and minor incidences to appropriate channels and minimize clinical complications.
- Any other lawful duties that may be required from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least Five (5) years post-graduation experience in a Leadership position.
- Senior midwives in sexual and reproductive health care delivery.
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent team coordination skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience with an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) will be an advantage
- Must be multi-skilled and analytical with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and reproductive Health Services
- Able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Passionate about maternal health
- Team Player and motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results
- Self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning.
- Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery.
- Certified midwife with a minimum of Five (5) years’ work experience in SRH.
- Be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana. Preferably (NMC) Nursing and Midwifery Council and of good Standing.
- Basic managerial qualification and skills will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Please submit your application by filling this online form via this link https://tinyurl.com/2uu497yb by the Close of 13th December, 2021
- Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Females are encouraged to apply
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.