Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As the IT Operations and Infrastructure Specialist at iPay, you will be a member of the Engineering team, which means that you will be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners and individuals with the tools and solutions they need to bring their ideas to life.
Our team is small but highly accomplished. You will work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
This is a full-time role based in the iPay’s Office in Accra, Ghana and you’ll report directly to the Technical Products Director.
- Architecting and designing highly available IT Network and Infrastructure solutions to meet requirements as required by the business.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Design, build, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, eg. AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Implement and refine cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Provide primary day-to-day operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software and cloud applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide 24x7 system and cloud operations support as part of the engineering team.
- Resolve incidents to ensure system uptime and expected service levels.
- Analyse application and cloud systems issues and provide recommendations and supporting data to monitor, simplify, and automate tasks.
- Execute change requests that impact production systems used by our diverse portfolio of products.
- Work with the Technical Products team to rigorously test new applications and products for release.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
You are a perfect fit for this role if have:
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, IT network, network security, Cloud (VPCs) technologies with supporting certification.
- Hands-on experience in IT Systems architecture planning or operations including Networking principles and protocols such as IP Networking, IP Subnetting, Routing, Firewall Rules, Virtual Private Cloud, Load Balancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with cloud-based systems including AWS Services (e.g., AWS EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, etc.), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, etc.), etc.
- Knowledge of tools to automate the deployment and management of containerized applications (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
- Proven experience writing shell scripts (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Python, PHP, Bash, SQL)
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix or Windows Server OS.
- Hands-on experience with Databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previous experience in the banking, telecommunications, or payments industry.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.