Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- The Office of the Legal Counsel shall, under the Vice-Chancellor, be responsible for providing legal counsel, advice and representation in all matters and proceedings of the University.
- The successful applicant will be a member of the team and will assist the Legal Counsel in the discharge of the responsibilities of the Office of the Legal Counsel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Legal Counsel to provide legal advice on all University-related matters;
- Represent or ensure that the University is appropriately represented in all dispute resolution proceedings;
- Attend Committee and other meetings;
- Review University activities to determine compliance with applicable law;
- Review, draft and revise contract/agreements, and any other documents to support commercial transactions agreements involving or concerning the University;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Record minutes of meetings including subsidiary Companies and Appeals Board hearing proceedings;
- Review, draft and negotiate major account agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements amongst others;
- Drive contract lifecycle from drafting through to completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution. Manage contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input;
- Prepare contracts for internal review and approval and ensure compliance with University policies as well as applicable laws or regulations;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues;
- With approval from the Legal Counsel, communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.);
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the University’s full legal rights;
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces;
- Write legal opinions as shall be requested;
- Draft legal documents as shall be requested;
- Be a team player, help build your team and maintain teamwork;
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility;
- Discharge any other assignments that the Legal Counsel shall deem necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree
- Professional law qualification and duly enrolled at the Bar to practice Law in Ghana
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant post-qualification experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment as Legal Officer/Senior Legal Officer shall normally be for six years including a probationary period. The appointment shall be reviewed before the end of the sixth year and may normally be renewed.
How To Apply
An applicant is required to submit an application pack to the
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
ii. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 01 December 2021
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.