Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
iDE Ghana, an international Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in the Agriculture and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors is recruiting an Administrative & Receivable Officer.
- Team: Credit & Finance
- Reports to: Head of Credit & Finance
- Job Location: Tamale with frequent day and overnight travel to other districts and rural areas
- Start Date: 1st January 2022
- Contract End Date: 31st December 2022 (subject to renewal)
- Contract Type: Full Time (Fixed Term)
Reports directly to the Head of Credit & Finance
As a member of the Sama Sama Credit Team, works in close collaboration with the Credit Officers and Regional Credit Manager
CONTINUE READING BELOW
General Job Description
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Credit & Finance, the Administrative & Receivable Officer will work with credit officers and managers to account for the entire administrative processes, credit reporting, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers with Credit team, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and cashflow.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time)
- Maintain the corporate credit policy.
- Daily Reconciliation of Mobile Money anomalies with Credit team
- Monitor Kiva records, Journals, and delinquency
- Manage inventory records for credit team
- When necessary, conduct periodic circularization of customers to confirm their balances due.
- Ensure timely collection of monies due to the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Support in Stakeholder engagement- MTN, Vendors, Merchants and Customers.
- Proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Ensures proper documentation processes, accurate and timely records of Sama Sama Operations
- Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information.
- Produce monthly Account receivables & reconciliation reports
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Graduated from University with Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in Financial Accounting or Finance and other related fields.
- Available for regular travel across the Northern, Bono-East and Ashanti Regions of Ghana.
- Confident, organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and hardworking,
- Teamwork, strong problem-solving skills and proactive
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, Twi, Dagbani and other local languages.
- Self-motivated, target driven and results-oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail applications
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment where ideas build on one another
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Demonstrated honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility
- Cooperative and supportive attitude to performance
- Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role
- A high level of commitment to IDE’s values and objectives
- Ability to work for long hours and under pressure without complaining and maintaining high prescribed standards.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team.
- A highly responsible approach to all tasks.
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications and CVs with 2 current referees and relevant educational and NSS certificates to
on or before 22nd December 2021. Kindly indicate the position and district of choice as the subject of your email.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.