Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
As a business partner, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for maintaining the Bank’s Technology infrastructure capability, supporting the business activities across the business segments.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The responsibility of the CIO also includes ensuring full compliance with all Country and Group policies (consistent in execution), statutory regulations, local banking laws, anti-money laundering regulations and industry practices.
The CIO takes primary ownership of country/regional business engagement and communication to influence and drive future technology agenda for country/region in alignment with Group Technology strategy orchestrating seamless support from all technology players to ensure delivery of the best technology solutions in time, within budget, with least risks and highest service continuity.
The responsibilities also include providing local leadership across all teams and contributing to employee engagement, talent development and performance management.
- Engaging key stakeholders – Country CEO, Country COO, Country Business Heads, Group Technology, and GBS to develop and implement an end-to-end technology service delivery strategy.
- Provide technology thought leadership and influence the country’s business strategy with the effective and innovative deployment of technology.
- Develop transformative solutions and introduce capabilities that align to business strategies with an end-to-end view
- Develop client-related technology service strategies to enhance revenue potential and improve utilisation of current service provisions
- Involve and play a pivotal role in investment decisions and PED authorisations
- Understand and contribute to country’s business strategy and communicate country business direction to Group Technology. Influence Group Technology to ensure that approved business plans have matching technology investment plans available for business investment committee evaluation.
- Ensuring that all technology service needs are addressed, regardless of type, to comply with any prevailing SLAs and/or reasonable expectations of country businesses
- Ensuring that all technology service needs are addressed, regardless of type, to comply with any prevailing SLAs and/or reasonable expectations of country businesses.
- Reviewing the progress of Group Technology service improvement initiatives for the country, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate.
- Ensure an adequate capacity plan is in place to meet business growth and transformative projects
- Provide steer in major Business-driven projects to ensure minimum manual hand-off processes with good technology service metrics (Delivery timeline, Business Benefits metrics etc)
- Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance client experience vide changes and introduction of new technologies and innovation to enhance revenue potential
- Drive overall country performance as a part of the responsibilities of a Country Management Team member
- Facilitate/coordinate business-facing forums (where required) and involve the relevant Group Technology personnel. Ensure suitable executive forum representation of Country Management Team, Country Operations Risk Team, major initiative country implementation and project steering committees.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that the Group Technology change management process caters for all country change needs and that any complementary in-country approval processes are confirmed with Group Technology. In approving system changes, the CIO will act as the ‘gatekeeper’ of the country’s production environment by assessing the impact and level of risk as a result of scheduled changes.
- For incidents having a significant business impact, support the problem/incident management process which is owned by Group Technology. This will mainly involve the communication/escalation to the business management of service impact, the recovery process, root cause, and mitigating actions, and communication back to Group Technology of business concerns.
- Implement policies and procedures for the Country with guidance from Group policies and procedures
- Ensure operational disciplines such as capacity and risk management are well embedded, measured and tracked
- Drive continuous improvements in productivity and cost efficiencies
- Be accountable for all technology services supported by internal and external service providers
- Ensure appropriate governance of End User Computing (EUC) Applications used in the Country
- Ensure high security and protection of the Bank’s, Client information & assets
- Streamline and digitize end-to-end processes to reduce manual hand-off, reduce risk and improve client/customer service collaborating with relevant stakeholders
- Measure and improve business satisfaction with overall Group Technology service regularly. Feedback to be channelled into Group Technology management for improvement planning. Also ensuring Country business awareness of Group Technology plans accordingly.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets the appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality (skill and experienced) people to deliver its obligations.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development; ensure that direct and matrix reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Create a motivational and challenging environment for staff that is conducive to creativity and performance with customer centricity in mind
- Based on the scale of services between country business and Group Technology, the extent and profile of resources in the CIO team shall vary. Each CIO shall determine this resource profile with the GT matrix accordingly and confirm such plans with the Cluster CIO. As this is a significant customer-facing Group Technology role, the ‘value add’ of the CIO function will be assessed regularly through country business and Group Technology feedback, and resourcing levels, skills, and focus be reviewed/adjusted accordingly.
- Facilitating the evolution and agreement of balanced business risk and commercial service level agreements between business groups and Group Technology;
- Ensure that the country/ region’s exposure to each form of technology risk is understood and managed. Ensure regulator and external audit 2-way communication, submission requirements and reporting needs are met by Group Technology to address any such legal and compliance expectations.
- Oversight of Technology and Information Security Risks in the region. In line with in-country cyber R & R issued by CISO, act as first line owner for Information, Communication and Security Risk in the country.
- Ensure the Country adheres to internal and external sourcing policies and procedures related to technology
- Effective management of all technology risks including reporting high or very high rated risks based on Group materiality thresholds to the relevant Risk Committees
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- As required, act as the first line risk owner under the Group’s risk management framework at the appropriate level
- Ensure all necessary external legal and regulatory controls are in place from initial migration through service provisioning for Technology
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure that they do not materially threaten the Group’s ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Responsible for business continuity planning for the country and plans in sync with the GBS.
- Ensure risk metrics are actively reviewed along with the Risk & Control Function
- Ensure risks associated with acquisition and integration activities are well documented and addressed
Ensuring that Group Technology responds to all forms of end-to-end country business technology risk needs, including all audit, local regulatory, compliance, DR, BCP technology component, obsolescence, virus susceptibility and security needs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This includes the coordination of penetration testing conducted by GIS or external parties for internet-based systems to comply with local regulatory requirements. Escalate material technology risks to Group Technology for TRISC/TORC attention as appropriate.
- Support the Cluster and Regional CIO to implement group policies and procedures in the country
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure adequate change management process is in place to govern technology change management as well as project change management
- Establish and maintain rigour in monitoring performance against budgets
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite
- Establish a working relationship between Country COO and maintain close exchange via an agreed format
- Ensure adequate oversight is given to acquisition and integration activities
- Ensure a clear strategy is devised to achieve fair dealing and fair accountability outcomes which are communicated to all T&I staff
- Fully accountable and own regulatory audit/inspections on Technology teams in the county as well as in offshore service centres
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operations Officer
- Business Heads – Direct interaction with Country Management Team (RMT) and direct reports to discuss strategic initiatives, contribute to business strategy and communication of Group Technology strategy and initiatives
- Group Internal Audit
- Country risk teams/committees eg CNFRC
- Legal and Compliance (Regulators)
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain Management
- Regional Technology Project Management Office
- Group Technology
- Group Systems Development – on the roadmap, new initiatives & project status, local implementations
- Group Technology Production Services – on run matters and status, problem and change management
- Local regulators and other government departments/officials
- Industry partners, Banking Associations, etc
- Relevant Exchange and Cyber Security Forum
- Relevant banking associations
- Local software and hardware vendors\
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the team,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Country, Group, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Responsible for building a culture of good conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Key skills and qualifications include the following:
- Proven experience in a senior technical leadership role in either a business segment or functional IT role
- Proven Relationship Management skills with the ability to finesse relationships at the Country and Regional level
- Deep knowledge of the Standard Chartered Network, joining the dots between business and technology strategy and delivery in-country
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Organisation and time management
- Project Management
- Vendors certifications (e.g. Microsoft, Cisco, VM etc)
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.