Jobs In Obuasi 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Technician – Surface Mine Infrastructure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician – Surface Mine Infrastructure reports to the Electrical Supervisor – Surface Mine Infrastructure and is accountable for executing all types of plant electrical maintenance as required and tasked such as Fridge Plants, Primary Vent Fans(BVS, CAT 300, SNVS, KMVS, GCVS), Generator sets, and Pastefill and cover breakdown maintenance on call in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the surface mine infrastructure.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from the Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving the workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create a checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognise any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in the electrical trade
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.