Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role
- To support the Process Maintenance Planning department in planning work orders, packaging the maintenance schedule and statutory documentation preparation.
In This Role You Will:
Document Control Management
- Support document control management processes through the methodical upkeep of records and information.
- Institute version controls of documentation for Maintenance Supervisors.
- Provide required documents to Maintenance Supervisors timeously and efficiently.
- Distribute maintenance data and information pulled from the Computerised Maintenance Management system (CMMS), as directed or required.
- File and maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance planning records for regulatory purposes.
- Complete safety meeting minutes, distribute and file accordingly.
- Compile cyanide and statutory documentation including workorders for auditing purposes.
Health and Safety Management
- Deliver on prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Contribute to and attend all safety meetings and mandatory training.
Maintenance Activity Data Capture
- Capture and record all data related to maintenance planning and execution in the Process Plant.
- Provide data capture and information management support to other maintenance departments, on an as-needed basis.
- Capture daily entries of manhours of business partners into the designated maintenance management system.
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisors to confirm that timesheets are completed and submitted accurately.
- Capture and record data for pre-start meeting attendance of all maintenance personnel.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Run reports on overdue Standard Task Procedure (STPs) and socialize with various stakeholders for redress.
- Assist the Materials Coordinator to run planned/actual material report and socialize with stakeholders for confirmation.
Shutdown Work Scheduling and Planning Updates
- Ensure all workorders on the Shutdown plan has been printed and handed over to the execution team.
- Provide support for the staging of all parts for the shutdown at their various locations in the plant.
- Follow up with Supervisors during shutdowns on additional spares requirement and liaise with planners to get the required parts to the supervisors.
- Support the crediting of parts that were not used back into the warehouse.
Work Order Processing and Distribution (CMMS)
- Support maintenance planning through the processing of work orders on the CMMS system.
- Ensure committed workorders are stapled and distributed to the right stakeholders timely.
- Assist with the confirmation and closing of work orders.
- Distribute closing comments and improvement suggestions on completed work orders.
- Review STPs and SOPs with Supervisors and Document control team.
- Ensure the right STPs and JHAs are attached to workorders.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical).
- Strong knowledge of administrative tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of workplace safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years related work experience in a process plant maintenance environment (preferably in a gold processing plant).
- Strong data capture, as well as information monitoring and management skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Project and Visio.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish facts, identify and define problems from baseline information and draw valid conclusions in Engineering terms.
- Detail focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.