Jobs In Tema 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Tema Oil Terminal seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate as a Mechanical Technician.
Purpose of the Role
- Works in collaboration with the mechanical supervisors to maintain the physical assets of the terminal area.
- Perform the planned preventive, unplanned breakdown, and opportunity mechanical maintenance, refurbishment, repair activities to deliver quality, reliable equipment back to the Unit.
- Provides day-to-day heavy equipment support.
- Act as maintenance support to Operations when called for to deal with prioritised needs of the terminal.
- Perform all the preventive mechanical maintenance activities and record in respective equipment history books
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Monitor / inspect, oiling and greasing if required of all equipment daily
- Testing, repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Adhere to maintenance plans to improve assets reliability and useful life span.
- Undertake preventive maintenance programs for equipment as per schedule and record.
- Work following department goals as per the Company Maintenance Policy and strive towards reliability, cost-effectiveness, optimum maintenance and efficiency.
- Ensure the observance of safety and fire regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Schedule the activities as per the maintenance plan.
- Report and discuss accidents, incidents, near misses, pollution or emission occurrences.
- Attends that equipment preparation requirements, e.g., permit to work, draining, cooling, etc.
- Maintain the area in an orderly manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Competencies/Skills Required
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience as a maintenance technician.
- Knowledge in the entire process of the Terminal.
- Knowledge of computers.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong documentation skills like maintaining log book etc.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills that will encompass, adding and subtracting fractions, word problems, percentages, mixed numbers, decimals, and basic mechanics.
- Knowledge in the use of measuring devices, like gauging tapes, thermometers, tapes measures, Knowledge of basic computer skills, excel, work Microsoft office and outlook.
- High level of attention to details
- Team player.
How To Apply
If you wish to work at Tema Oil Terminal, please send a cover letter and a CV with the Position as the subject to:
Closing Date: 22nd November 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.