Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you able to provide semi-skilled assistance including daily provision of lubes, fuel, grease, and inspection of heavy mining and auxiliary equipment to maintain high standard equipment health of all mining/auxiliary equipment?
In This Role You Will:
- Perform daily servicing of heavy mining and auxiliary equipment using any available service truck on the site , example CAT 740ADT, MAN Truck, Toyota 4×4 Truck
- Assist in carrying out oil level checks and oil changes on all mining and support equipment to maintain equipment or vehicle in standard and serviceable condition.
- Use forklifts, telehandlers and other lifting devices to convey oils and lubes safely for dispense to service trucks and for other requirements as may be necessary.
- Maintain daily/shift service, fuel and lubes records, and provide information and recommendations about equipment health to dispatchers and supervisors.
- Assist in performing routine checks, daily inspections, pressure/temperature checks and fluid level checks on all production equipment and have direct responsibility for the following:
- Greasing of all available and required greasing points on all production equipment: bearings and joints, inspect component joints for defects.
- Provide daily distribution of fuel and lubes to mining equipment per the standard schedule.
- Collaborate and follow daily inspection and service schedule as directed by the maintenance dispatchers or shift supervisors.
- Carry out daily inspections and report all defects on the service trucks for repairs and correction.
- Ensure that service or lube trucks and its nozzles / Wiggins are always clean and in good condition to meet contamination control standards.
- Raise reservations for lubricants in SAP and ensure their dispense into service trucks.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Health, Safety and Environment
- Comply with all Newmont and regulatory agency Health, Safety, Loss Prevention and Environmental procedures, requirements and standards.
- Operate in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and/or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Maintain a strong focus of safety throughout all activities.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
- Observe and adherence to all fatality risk management (FRM) critical controls.
- Observe all exclusion zones in the pits as required by the geotechnical team.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate or Mechanical Technician.
- General understanding of maintenance engineering.
- Have a Ghanaian License E and the ability to operate Newmont CAT740 Lube truck, telehandler and forklift
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience, preferably in a mining or industrial environment.
- Basic communication (English written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand documentation.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes Initiative.
- Manual dexterity.
- Team Player.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.