Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Accra invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duration: 1year fixed Term (renewable)
Post Grade: G5
Duty Station: UNHRD, Accra
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices
Under the direct supervision of the Ghana UNHRD Manager, and the overall supervision of the Country Director/Representative, the Administrative Assistant will be expected to perform the following duties:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure annual administrative services are properly and timely delivered in the Hub, for example cleaning services, courier, telephone, creation of Purchase Requisitions (PR)
- Act as Asset focal point for HRD Accra, and extract Asset reports from Corporate Systems such as Global Equipment Management System (EMS) and Financial modules, for Minimum Monthly Closure (MMC) monthly package
- Provide support in the preparation and during training, workshops, meetings, seminars or visits
- Maintain FMS (Fuel Management System) data recording and updates for HRD Accra
- Recording and control in SAP of commitments due to administrative recurring services (i.e cleaning, telephone bills, courier).
- Assist in the preparation of protocol documentation for HRD Accra
- Maintain a selected number of administrative control records, such as for commitment and expenditure, travel insurance, procurement and others.
- Initiate and process administrative actions such as those found in human resources, travel, procurement, disbursement.
- Review supporting documentation, verify claims for action and conformance with administrative rules and regulations and liaise with other offices as appropriate.
- Make computations, calculations and estimates and prepare basic reports or assist in the preparation of periodic reports including forms, tables, charts and others.
- Respond to queries from a variety of sources by providing available information and provide advice and guidance on rules and regulations related to the area of work or direct to the most appropriate source.
- Draft correspondence relating to the area of responsibility.
- Design and update charts and tables utilizing graphic software, design hard copy and computer resident forms; initiate, update and track computer-assisted processing of administrative actions.
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of statistical data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources for internal or external use.
- Make travel arrangements for HRD staff in line with administrative rules and procedures
- Perform other related duties, as required and assigned as per operational requirements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload and proactiveness
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Professional discretion, trust and confidentiality
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area, Public or Business Administration.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience in Administration and related fields.
- A team player and demonstrate ability to work with people of diverse background
Fluency in the written and oral English language.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.