Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is an indigenous Ghanaian social marketing organization duly registered in accordance with the laws of Ghana on February 1, 2017. We partner with government, private sector, and civil society is to improve the health of people living in Ghana primarily through implementation of innovative evidence-based interventions that increases access to and utilization of health products and services in a measurable and impactful way.
Our key intervention areas include: Reproductive (including family planning and HIV), Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH), communicable and non-communicable diseases, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), nutrition, and malaria. Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) and social marketing remains our unique expertise.
We utilize our deep insight and skills in SBCC and social marketing to promote positive social and behavior change among individuals and communities using strategies that address the interests of the people we are trying to reach, the obstacles to change and the many forces that influence behavior and choice.
Our Mission is to be a truly Ghanaian organisation that works to improve the health of people primarily through the social marketing of health products and services as well as health communications in a measurable and impactful way
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To lead on providing professional level accounting duties involved in the preparation, maintenance, analyses, verification, and reconciliation of financial transactions, statements, records, and reports and maintains the accuracy of TFHO’s ledgers and financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year-end closing reports.
- Review and provide support for all financial aspects of contract execution of Community Based Organizations (CBO’s)
- Verify accuracy and compliance of expenses and expense reporting by CBO’s
- Reconcile inventory balances of all sites in QBE monthly and perform all inventory adjustments as required.
- Review receivable balances weekly and follow up on overdue customers to fulfill their credit obligation as per contractual terms
- Review and process staff advance liquidation in the financial system
- Perform bank reconciliation of all account
- Prepare monthly financial certification package including all supporting schedules and the trial balance.
- Assist in preparation of financial reports to donors, in liaison with appropriate program staff
- Process staff payroll in utmost confidentiality and professionalism including all statutory payment
- Perform the monthly vehicle allocation to project
- Perform the common cost recharge to project
- Review all program participant MOMO payment
- Support the DFO on strategies that seek ways of reducing cost.
- Support the year-end closing processes to ensure organized, complete, properly approved packages are delivered on time
- Accurately record all staff accrued fringes in the financial system
- Support with the filing of annual returns with GRA and RGD
- Promote compliance with relevant USAID regulations and the organization policies/procedure
- Support program team in the development of budget up to $100,000
- Ensure that project expenditures are adequately tracked according to budget
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of project overseeing to relevant program team members financial reports, analysis, and recommendations concerning relevant financial issues
- Assist with internal and external audit
- Provision of high levels of customer service within the program
- Provide support to the Team on any ad-hoc activity that may occur
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Administration/Accounting/Finance/Economics plus level 2 or 3 of ACCA/ICA will be an added advantage
- Master’s in finance, Accounting or Economics will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in accounting processes and procedures, preferably in a non-profit or NGO setting
- Working knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations.
- Knowledge of an NGO operating environment.
- Written and Verbal Communication – Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members and act as a representative of TFHO to the public
- Organization & Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines
- Attention to Detail — the role requires managing multiple tasks, making sound independent judgment, and being thorough in completing tasks.
- Analytical and Problem Solving – the role requires strong conceptual and problem-solving skills and taking strategic actions that reduce risks and costs to the organization
- Microsoft 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Planner, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive & SharePoint)
- Excellent Interpersonal Relationships – the role requires building and maintaining healthy relationships across all levels
- Information Gathering & Monitoring – the role requires data collection to make informed decisions
- Adaptability – ability to anticipate and respond swiftly to changing dynamics within the local and international setting
- Ability to live TFHO values of:
- Shared Vision.
- Consumer and Customer Focused – both internal and external.
- Local but International in Character
- Results and a strong focus on measurement.
- Speed and efficiency, with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy
- Must be a person of high integrity, accountability, energy, and flexibility
- Must exhibit a high sense of professionalism and confidentiality
- Must be a proactive and results-oriented person
- Must be self-driven and be able to work under little or no supervision at all
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.