Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world. SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
The Country Programme currently seeking applicants for a full-time position as HR & Administration Officer
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Overview of the Position
The HR & Administration Officer is part of the Administration and Human Resources Team within the SNV Ghana Country Office. Human Resources ensures the availability and administration of human capital for SNV, supporting engagement and motivation through HR strategy and instruments.
The HR & Administration Officer executes the personnel administration based on defined processes and using relevant systems. Provides accurate, complete, and timely HR administration and payments in order to ensure complete administration and accurate data for management information (reports) and insights.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
I. Human Resource Administration
- Personnel administration: Administer all relevant data and mutates data into the personnel administration, in line with the administrative procedures and based on the information supplied, prepare necessary letters and communications to employees.
- Recruitment, hiring, onboarding when applicable: Organises and administrates the processes of recruiting, hiring and introducing new colleagues. Informs stakeholders and takes care of the introduction conform standards (e.g. on safety and security, company policies).
- Documentation: Archives relevant documentation, keeps files complete and up-to-date and maintains quality and accessibility of archive and files, conforms to administrative procedures and filing procedures.
II. Office Administration
- Managing of the reception function of the office i.e. phones, incoming mails and outgoing mails, deliveries, records management of each;
- Ensure all services in the offices are available (water, utility, generator, internet, phone, etc.) and that all office furnishings and equipment are functioning and maintained;
- In collaboration with Procurement Officer, ensuring offices remain stocked with office supplies and kitchen consumables. Stock controls and monitoring;
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and cleanliness of the office and premises, ensuring that any needed maintenance is dealt with.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manages and organises integrated process delivery, optimising the use of guidelines and procedures within projects and/or a country office.
- Coordinate all necessary arrangements for official visitors and/or missions;
- Coordinate accommodation arrangement for personnel on field trip.
- University degree in Human Resources; Business Administration or Management, Social Sciences or related field;
- Minimum 4 years working as in Human Resource administration or operations, preferably for an NGO;
- Sound General Business Practice and Experience, able to work autonomously and in a team;
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with personnel, high integrity and commitment to transparency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Multi-tasking, analytical and quick to act;
- Organization skills and time management: professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Team Player, Effective Interpersonal and Coordination skills
- Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity
- Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.