International Agencies Jobs In Accra : Political and Economics Research Officer - Australian High CommissionInternational Agencies Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Agency: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Position Number: AC014
Title: Political and Economic Research Officer
Section: Political and Economic Section
Reports to (title): Deputy Head of Mission
Starting Salary: GHS 94,635 base salary per salary annum
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake complex research and analysis on economic, political, and foreign policy issues of interest to the Australian Government and provide high-level written or oral reports.
- Provide high-level advice on developments in-country on economic, political, and foreign policy issues
- Represent and promote the interests of Australia at a range of forums, events, and meetings and provide advice on Australian participation, operational and policy issues and prepare reports summarising key points
- Develop visit programs and briefings for senior delegations and coordinate and organize meetings and logistics for the High Commissioner and other Australian-based officers for visits to the High Commission’s countries of accreditation, traveling as required
- Develop and strengthen strategic relationships, negotiate and liaise across a broad range of stakeholders to provide an effective Australian contribution to government including government, research institutions, and non-governmental organizations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide policy administrative support, by managing and preparing correspondence related to advancing bilateral or multilateral issues and the Australian Government Direct Aid Program; including preparation of official communications, translation of documents, maintenance of key policy databases (such as Heads of Government lists and ministerial profiles).
- Provide support in organizing and executing events in line with aid, political, and economic diplomacy objectives including managing the delivery of multiple concurrent events, coordinating stakeholders, speakers, and other logistical arrangements such as guest lists, catering, entertainment, and technical support.
- Provide support with the organization and facilitation of high-level meetings and visits with key political and economic officials, development partners, and other relevant stakeholders
- Other duties as directed, including relieving absent staff. The Australian High Commission operates in a fluid and fast-paced environment and needs maximum flexibility in its staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary degree in politics, economics, or a related field and/or experience in a relevant research and analysis position, which required flexibility, adaptability, and openness to change; and includes knowledge of the political environment of Ghana and our eight other countries of accreditation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills, and the ability to deal with a wide range of clients from diverse backgrounds including a working-level fluency in French
- Advanced level of computer literacy particularly in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Capacity to learn new computer programs and familiarity with database management.
- Highly developed commitment to ethics, organizational skills, and attention to detail, including the ability to meet deadlines while managing priorities and working collaboratively in a highly productive team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Applicants must be able to work as locally engaged staff members at a diplomatic mission in Ghana. Residency Visas and work permits are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Applicant should have a valid driver’s license; including for manual transmission vehicles.
- Available to undertake occasional short-term travel, including the ability to hold a valid passport.
- Employment is subject to satisfactory medical and security vetting.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted with an email cover letter to: Ac[email protected]
CLOSING DATE: Before 12 midnight, Sunday 07 November 2021
Your email should be no larger than 2Mb in size or it will not be received by our email system. Do not attach copies of your academic certificates as this is likely to exceed the size limit.
You must provide a written application (essay) stating your claims against the selection criteria (below).
Written applications should be no more than two pages in length and should be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae (CV). The CV should include:
- personal contact details,
- employment records,
- education qualifications summary,
- language skills,
- two referee details. including telephone and email.
Be sure to include your contact details, so we can contact you if you are shortlisted for an interview. We do not require personal details such as date of birth, marital status, height, weight, religion, and gender.
Applications that do not fulfill these criteria will not be considered. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are not short-listed for an interview will not be contacted. There is no fee for this application.
THE AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.