Hospitalilty/Food Service Jobs In Accra : Food & Beverage Operations Manager - Marriott InternationalHospitalilty/Food Service Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Marriott International's portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that.
Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations. Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
- Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
- Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
- Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
- Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and verifies that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Drives alignment of all employees, team leaders and managers to the brand’s service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Verifies all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, drives quality, and verifies standards are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Drives effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
Salary: To Be Discussed
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.