Jobs In Obuasi 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Tax Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Tax Specialist role is to provide reassurance that the company is compliant in all respects to Tax through the delivery and maintenance of strict taxation compliance for the AngloGold Ashanti – Obuasi Mine and Iduapriem Mine which will cover tax affairs in line with the overall Group Tax Strategy, including Tax Compliance, Tax Accounting and Reporting, Tax Controls and Risk Management, Tax Planning and Stakeholder Engagement as well as supporting the Sustainable Development Units (SDUs).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and take personal initiatives to improve the culture of Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development across the organization and with own team.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned Safety and Environmental training meetings.
- Prepare monthly statutory Withholding Tax, VAT-Withholding Tax, Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE), Value Added Tax (VAT), National Health Insurance Levy (NHIL), Ghana Education Trust Fund Levy (GETFL) and Mineral Royalty returns for review and approval by the Tax Manager.
- Ensure timely filing of approved tax returns, retain copies of tax payment receipts and stamped copies of returns on record.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports for Tax Manager review and consolidation into mine-wide reports.
- Obtain schedules, monthly and quarterly reports from individual site Finance Teams and incorporate same in tax computations.
- Submit Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) and Tax Exemption applications as approved by the Tax Manager with appropriate supporting documentation and follow up with GRA to ensure same is issued in a timely manner.
- Follow up to resolve regular and minor GRA queries in consultation with the Tax Manager and timeously escalate any unresolved issues.
- Assist Tax Manager during statutory and special tax audits by populating primary information requests and following up with site finance teams for additional information requests for Tax Manager review.
- Draft responses to stakeholder information requests for Tax Manager review before subsequent submission.
- Maintain an appreciable level of involvement with daily site finance functions in order to highlight potential areas of non-compliance for escalation to Tax Manager for resolution.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with the primary external stakeholder offices (i.e. GRA offices) to promote a smooth process of engagement on tax matters.
- Provide additional support in the area of tax and finance functions as directed by the Tax Manager.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Economics with 3 to 4 years post degree working experience in the practice of taxation in Ghana.
- Part / full qualification with a relevant professional accounting body (Chartered Institute of Taxation – Ghana, Chartered Accountants – Ghana or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants – ACCA).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of 3 – 6 years post-graduate working experience;
- Mining or natural resources experience is an advantage, knowledge of AGA accounting systems and procedures is a plus;
- IFRS knowledge is desirable;
- Strong technical knowledge of the various tax laws in Ghana
- Full knowledge and experience in the application of the Ghana Taxation laws
- Proven technical knowledge and experience in Ghana taxation is a must.
- An appreciable knowledge in Company Law and Mining regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with external stakeholders, management and peers.
- Exhibit analytical and problem-solving skills as well as proficient use of Microsoft Office applications especially, Microsoft Excel.
- Perform the role requirements in a professional manner while exhibiting soft skills such as respect, integrity, trustworthiness, confidence, reliability, pro-activeness, innovation, results-driven and a continuous learning attitude
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.