Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The West Africa Trade Hub is one of three USAID-funded trade hub projects in Africa.
It works with private sector associations and regional governmental entities to expand trade, increase investment, build institutional capacity, and improve the enabling environment Targeted value chains are livestock, cereals, cashew, shea, mango, and apparel.
The work takes place in 14 countries in West Africa.
The consultant will provide writing, editing, social media, and administrative support for the communications section within the USAID-funded West Africa Trade & Investment Hub.
- The estimated period of performance: December 10, 2021, to December 10, 2022.
- Estimated Level of Effort: The anticipated level of effort is 24 hours per week, on average, with variations based on holidays and major events.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded West Africa Trade & Investment Hub (Trade Hub) is a 5-year, $140.2 million trade and investment facilitation activity. The Trade Hub seeks to improve private sector productivity, profitability, and competitiveness in West Africa through market-based approaches that will generate new private sector investment in key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the United States and West Africa. The Trade Hub is playing a role in transforming the business landscape in many communities, with the purpose of increasing sustainable employment and strengthening value chains in the region.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support all facets of the Trade Hub’s communications efforts. Ideally, the consultant would be based in Accra, Ghana, and may work virtually.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
The consultant will be expected to:
- Write and edit press releases, fact sheets, success stories, grantee summaries, and other materials needed for the work of the Trade Hub, Trade Hub’s grantees, USAID, and U.S. government partners. These materials may be published in media outlets’ websites, the Trade Hub’s website, U.S. government partner websites, the Trade Hub’s project updates to USAID, and the Trade Hub’s quarterly newsletter.
- Write and edit social media posts for the Trade Hub’s and USAID’s social media channels.
- Assist the communications team with administrative tasks such as updating spreadsheets related to tracking grantees and updating and organizing files in SharePoint.
- The consultant will report to the communications manager in Accra, Ghana.
- Consultants may be expected to travel within Ghana in support of writing needs to document projects.
- Consultants may be expected to work, on occasion, weekends, and evenings to ensure on-time delivery of assignments.
- While the consultant may work from his/her home office, the consultant will be expected to meet in person, as needed, to discuss project deliverables.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Excellent English reading, writing, and editing skills.
- An ability to present concepts and results in a clear and concise format for professional audiences.
- Experience or the ability to format text and photos in Word documents, following a template.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience, preferably within a communications-related role.
- Experience working remotely
- Experience (with work samples to show) producing social media posts for Facebook and Twitter.
- Interest in international development and/or trade and investment.
QUALIFICATIONS THAT WOULD BE USEFUL FOR THE ROLE, BUT ARE NOT REQUIRED
- Experience working on USAID- or U.S. Government-funded activities
- Experience using Canva
- Experience using Photoshop
- Experience using InDesign
- Experience hosting virtual events through Zoom and/or Teams.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs either in word or PDF format to
on or before 11th November 2021
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.