Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Senior Manager of Program Support - Compassion InternationalAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This senior manager leads subordinate managers and professionals who independently consult on, develop and support the implementation of child development programs and interventions. Often responsible for the area or region, manages assigned professional staff and aligns all initiatives with Compassion’s theory of change and theory of action. The incumbent collaborates with the National Director and peer managers for effective functioning of church-facing teams.
The leader ensures that holistic child development is considered in all initiatives. The manager supports the development and implementation of local theories of action in support of the global theory of change framework. In National Offices, he or she also leads the Sponsor Donor Services, Trips and Visits, and Program Training functions. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full management through subordinate managers and/or senior professional staff.
This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy broad objectives and department strategies. The incumbent will ensure completion of department responsibilities, calling on available resources to achieve department objectives, working within the approved budget.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Acts as an advocate to raise awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks, and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with Compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads direct reports and their assigned staff to be an effective part of church facing teams. Collaborates with peer managers to plan the timing and implementation of National initiatives and changes that will impact the church. Collaborates with peer managers to create guidelines for communication and escalation of issues within church facing teams. Makes their team’s work and plans visible to other teams or departments.
- Lead subordinate staff to ensure appropriate response to church needs to result in better relationships and more effective program designs. Fosters a culture of continuous improvement through learning that leads to greater program effectiveness.
- Leads professionals, generally through subordinate managers, as they provide comprehensive consulting on, develop, and implement holistic child development programs and interventions. Assigned staff consult on theory of change, theory of action, and other related initiatives; and analyzes reports to support partnership facilitators in improving program initiatives and interventions.
- Manages teams of professionals that facilitate development and implementation of resource components to achieve specific ministry strategies and plans. Champions major proposals and prioritization plans to garner and effectively deploy resources to partners. Provides information to global, regional, and country management and other decision-makers to ensure appropriate resources are allocated as required to effectively administer roll out, implementation and maintenance of major interventions. Leads professionals who ensure proposals, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensures that partnership facilitators are provided with various child development expertise and that training staff get the subject matter expert information necessary to develop curriculum. Consults on and monitors spiritual, emotional, and physical development interventions, and drives improvement program implementation. Advances ideas and programs such as spiritual formation and leads efforts toward broad community engagement.
- Champions assigned staff plans for capacity-building and strategy and creating child/youth engagement activities. Ensures developing and implementing major innovations and sharing the best practice of child/youth activities, coordinating with partner ministries, and equipping Christian community leaders for child/youth development transformation in their communities. Guides strategy development with key stakeholders such as partnership facilitators and implementing church partners.
- Provides direction and leadership to the Sponsor Donor Services and Trips and Visits teams to ensure that Global Program commitments to serve sponsors and donors are fulfilled. Also leads the Program Training function, working closely with the Partnership Team to meet the training needs of the Facilitating Church Partners.
- Leads and models child protection prevention standards. Ensures staff and key stakeholders understand the child protection implications of existing and proposed programs, processes, and interventions. Uses child protection related risk assessment, national/sub-national data and other evidence to identify and mitigate the potential for harm and inform abuse prevention and response activities. oversees the development and implementation of national child protection strategy. Maintains responsibility for timely reporting of abuse allegations into Compassion’s case management system in accordance with expected standards and appropriate, prompt intervention in child protection allegations and concerns.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
- A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years relevant experience or a Masters’ Degree with at least 7 years relevant experience.
- Proven experience proposal development, training.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.