Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
WASCAL is a research and education-focused institute designed to provide knowledge and climate services that should help tackle the climate change challenge and thereby enhance the resilience of human and environmental systems.
It does so by strengthening the research capacity and infrastructure in West Africa related to climate change by pooling the expertise of ten West African countries and Germany. The West African countries include: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d‘Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
The hybrid waste to energy as a sustainable solution for Ghana is an applied science project funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research from Germany and supported by the Ministry of Environment Science and Technology Innovation, the Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources, the Ministry of Energy and the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development to develop solutions for the energetic valorization of municipal solid waste in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
As a part of the project a pilot hybrid 400 kW demonstration waste to energy power plant has been constructed. The plant will start operations in February 2021 and will require capable Ghanaians with the necessary skill set to operate the facility.
The West African Science Service Center for Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) would like to use part of its budgetary allocation to support the recruitment and employment of the following position until the end of the project funding phase.
Employees will have the opportunity to continue working under the plant management body based on their performance after the funding phase. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against, sex, religion, race, ethnicity, etc.
The duties include managing employees, tending to payroll, overseeing plant projects and ensuring that teams meet production projections. He/she is responsible for troubleshooting problems, resolving conflict and employee training. The plant supervisor needs to be business-minded problem solvers, with keen interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
Functional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Core Facility Management
- Promote the company’s existing brands of goods as well as services and introduce any new models to the market.
- Develop ideas on how to promote the outputs of the brand with new or existing products.
- Drive the company’s revenue by selling its goods and services.
- Provide sales expertise, data, and department process improvements.
- Put together and build a clientele list for the company.
- Identify new sales plans and advertising.
- Receive and report on all sales leads.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of competition status.
- Maintain relationships with important clients by making regular visits, understanding their needs, and anticipating new market opportunities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Meet all sales targets and goals
- Answer potential customer’s questions and follow-up call questions.
- Protect the interest of the company.
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- Help out the engineers with the running of the facility when need arises
- Should be flexible in working plans and be ready for working overtime when the need arises.
- Should be available all the time based on emergency requirements even on weekends
- Has to report every day of his activities to the board, managing director and the project coordinator
- Work closely with the project managers (University of Rostock and WASCAL)
- Keep close contact with Ghanaian line ministries and relevant municipalities
- Make daily reports of activities on site to the project management team
- Perform basic accounting roles to support the running of the plant
- Establish annual goals and objectives for the Unit and team.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of internal and outsources staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds, and security.
- To lead the team ensuring effective working relations
- Conduct periodical trainings to motivate and enhance the operations within the facility
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Qualification: Degree in Management
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: minimum 5 years
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Supervisory level will be appreciated
- Understanding and knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Computer skills and experience tracking and recording call information, filing documents, updating customer profiles/accounts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and take important decisions.
- Knowledge of Data Analysis and Report Writing.
- Strong Analytical, Organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to plan and organize workshops and capacity building activities for various stakeholders and groups
- A people person
How To Apply
All applications should be addressed to [email protected]
Deadline for all applications is 20th November 2021
What we offer:
- Fixed term employment for two years by the W2E project coordinated by WASCAL, depending on performance extension of work contract by the plant operators
- Full time position with competitive salary
- 28 days of holidays
- All necessary vaccinations and health protection measures needed when working with waste management
- An international working experience, as the plant is a German-Ghanaian research and demonstration plant
- Compliance trainings
- Working space, and
- Friendly working atmosphere
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.