Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.?
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital?product solutions?and strategic communications initiatives––bringing?a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team?with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives?and solutions flourish.
Bixal seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) to lead the four-year activity providing monitoring, evaluation, and learning services to the USAID Ghana Mission. The COP will provide guidance, leadership, and oversight for a team of monitoring, evaluation, and learning professionals in Ghana.
The COP will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and oversee communications with subcontractors and key stakeholders. The COP will ensure that project initiatives comply with USAID requirements and achieve expected results. This is a full-time proposal position contingent on contract award.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Technical Oversight (80%)
- Set overall vision and strategy with the team and monitors team performance
- Lead technical initiatives to systematize quality across the organization and supports the adoption of standard approaches
- Represent the company to USAID and serve as primary liaison to the Contracting Officer and contract officer representative on day-to-day activities
- Serves as a thought leader and high-level representative for Bixal to USAID
- Ultimately accountable for the quality of work and responsible for client satisfaction through the achievement of program results in the required timeframe
- Works with team to strategically deploy staff and consultants
- Provides senior level technical and managerial support on projects, such as designing, conducting, or managing evaluations; strategy consulting; learning agenda development training; or other tasks as required
- Assists with ad hoc troubleshooting and problem solving, including delivery of services to the client when required
- Is comfortable with monitoring, evaluation, and learning assignments
Budget and Personnel Management (20%)
- Mentors and supports the professional development of all staff and consultants, includingidentification or development of internal learning opportunities
- Responsible for the budget, ensuring cost effective management, financial projections, andsystems to ensure proper use of funds
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Recognized senior level expert in the monitoring, evaluation and learning sector with strong management and people skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills blended with expert writing and verbalcommunication skills
- Solution oriented and eager to promote a collaborative working environment and relationship among subcontractors and other key stakeholders
- Loves to learn and willing to experiment with new technology and new ways of working
- Technical expertise in one or more thematic sectors (such as health, governance/security, humanitarian response, environment, etc.) a strong plus
- Experience with financial management and managing contracts
- Conference presentation and/or publication record
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party on USAID contracts
- Perform other duties as required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Master’s degree in relevant field or Ph.D. in the Social Sciences
- 8+ years of experience managing monitoring and evaluation international development projects
- Proficiency with both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies and monitoring best practices
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse (and at times, remote) staff
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, strategic planning, project design and implementation, evaluation, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis
- Experience working in Ghana
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects, particularly within the USAID/Ghana Mission
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team with a high degree of sensitivity and cultural competence
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation abilities
- Fluency in other languages applicable to the region strongly preferred
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.