Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region : Warehouse Foreman - Newmont Mining CorporationSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce, and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Warehouse Foreman is responsible for directing and controlling warehouse activities including receiving, reporting, stacking, order filling, shipping, and maintaining stocking records to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing materials and equipment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Implement the warehousing strategy in relation to start-up and operational corporate requirements.
- Direct and control warehouse, inventory control, and issuing/receiving activities, requiring in-depth knowledge of material management techniques.
- Implement policies and procedures for all materials control functions and maintain a computerized materials management and warehousing system.
- Ensure accuracy of cycle and recorder counts and identify obsolete stock.
- Approve write-offs emanating from cycle counts (within the financial limit).
- Interface with all departments to ensure proper inventory levels of required material whilst keeping inventory holding to a minimum and report the status of warehousing activities to the management on a regular basis.
- Respond immediately to the emergency requirements of equipment breakdowns to support operational requirements and maintain a quality Health and Safety program and record retention for the warehouse function in the accordance with established company policy and procedure.
- Possess superior knowledge and skill to effectively utilize the materials management system, implement staff development training and perform safety training within the department.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- College degree, and/ or Accredited certification in Supply Chain
- Minimum of five (5) years increasingly responsible purchasing/buyer/material experience in a mining environment.
- An understanding of warehouse functions, responsibilities, and inventory management experience is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, using office software such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Administration skills.
- Working knowledge of contracting practices and documentation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Possesses and demonstrates high ethical and professional standards in all dealings.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Willing to learn continually.
- Work well under pressure.
- No special working or regulatory conditions apply to this position.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.