Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases.
GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services.
We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
The Finance Officer works in collaboration with other finance staff to support the Head of Finance and IT to ensure that GrowthAid operates within a healthy financial environment and meets all of its obligations and accountabilities on time
The position holder supports establishing, operating, and maintaining good financial systems and controls.
In addition, he/she supports the conduct and management of audits, prepares donor and operational budgets, and facilitates procurements.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures in line with organizational policies and principles.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential Job Accountabilities
- In collaboration with other finance staff, ensure that accurate records for all daily transactions are kept in the right format and place.
- Prepare balance sheets and other reports as may be required.
- Process invoices in support of payments as may be required.
- Review/record accounts payable and accounts receivable in line with organizational policies, and standards.
- Ensure that the financial system is always up to date with financial data.
- Manage petty cash
- Perform any other accounting duty that may arise from time to time.
- Ensure that all banking transactions are done on time with very minimal risk and in line with organizational policies.
- In collaboration with other finance staff, support the HoF to reconcile bank statements.
- Work with Operations and Business Development teams to prepare all budgets that may be required.
- Support the HoF to routinely review and recommend the revision of banking policies and
support in implementing same within the organization.
- Treasury management and reporting.
- Ensure that petty cash is managed in line with organizational policies and practices.
Auditing, Financial Management, and Reporting
- Support the preparation of month-end/quarterly financial reports.
- Support both the conduct and management of internal and external audit processes.
- Provide support to the HoF to implement all audit recommendations.
- Prepare and submit monthly management and donor reports to SMT.
Grant Management and Compliance.
- Support the Operations team to meet program management requirements.
- Enforce compliance with national, organizational, and donor conditions within the Country
- In collaboration with the Operations team, support the effective management of grants by ensuring that all grant conditions (including procurement, reporting, and extensions) are met.
- In collaboration with the operations team, ensure that routine grant monitoring
mechanisms (like monthly and quarterly budget meetings) are held and actions
- Ensure documentation and filing of project activities are done in compliance with
GrowthAid’s policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Teamwork and People Management
- Support the HoF to create and sustain a healthy finance team environment of mutual
respect and accountability where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Provide team members with capacity-building support, information, tools, and other
resources to improve performance and achieve team/organizational objectives.
- Provide support to volunteers, interns, and other staff as may be necessary.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that organizational learning is more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- A degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics with at least three years of postqualification experience.
- A professional qualification such as ICA, ACCA, and ICMA instead of experience.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience in using financial software like QuickBooks, Vision, GAS, etc
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial and tax regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Honesty and integrity are desired attributes in this role.
- Multitasking and ability to work under pressure.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Application letters and other supporting documents should be submitted to:
Closing Date: October 31, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.