Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the first and leading private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa.As part of the vision of our new shareholders, SGMC is pursuing an expansion drive into other areas of treatment to serve the health needs of our cherished clients. Due to this SGMC seeks to employ to fill the following upcoming positions:
Our Brand Promise
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to patient treatment and research as we strive to give them the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in specialist health facilities in West Africa.
As an employee of SGMC, you will be expected to act according to our vision as a Center of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and inpatient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Reports to: HEAD OF CLINIC:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Theatre nursing personnel will be responsible for providing exceptional care to the patient who visit for pre-operative&surgical procedures. They are accountable in an oversight capacity for the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care for the patient undergoing anesthesia, surgery and/or procedures, and Phase 1 Recovery according to Ghana’s regulatory nursing standards.
As a Theatre Nurse, you will be required to undertake the following: –
- Work independently and in partnership with our doctors/surgeons to facilitate patient care and management in before and after surgical procedures:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate required patient care under the guidance of the surgical team.
- Promote a work environment that demonstrates caring by the accessibility of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficiently arranged physical setting.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, surgeries and treatments.
- Prepare operating rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies, and ensure that stocks of supplies are maintained.
- Maintain effective relationships between the multi-disciplinary team in the clinic
- Communicate effectively with patients/relatives, ensuring all clinical needs are met in a courteous, helpful and compassionate way.
- Ensure patient safety at all times. Safeguard against errors by following protocols and procedures, with the knowledge that complex regimens of potentially lethal drugs are being employed in a variety of treatment settings. Bring to the attention of management areas where these can be improved.
- Identifies appropriate communication, and coordination to ensure smooth processes within the operating rooms.
Qualification Required & Experience
- An advanced degree/Diploma in Critical and Peri-Operative Nursing.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Registered with the Nursing& Midwifery Council.
- The ability to keep updated on the latest medical technologies.
- The flexibility to work irregular hours and remain on emergency calls.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the oncology field
- Good teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Remuneration: Above-market average
Contract Type: Permanent and Locum Basis
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00 am-5:00 pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
How To Apply
All interested applicants should please email their CVs and applications to:
Closing Date: 19th November 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.